27" cinema display with minidisplay + macmini 2012 possible?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Edde1, Nov 23, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Hello. First post here! I have order a mac mini i7 2012 and need a display. I have find a refurb cinema display 27" without thunderbolt. I understand that i need a adapter to fit. Is that possible. Need a fast answer plzz:)))

2. macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

No adapter would be necessary. Straight from Apple's site:
    Since your display has mini DisplayPort, you can plug it directly into the Mini's Thunderbolt port.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Ahaha epic fail. Thats nice. I hope that display is worth extra money. I. Workning with photo alot. Thanks for fast help!

4. macrumors regular

YES: 27" cinema display with minidisplay + macmini 2012 possible?

the refurb Apple 27" cinema display should work directly as the Mac mini 2012 Thunderbolt port still is backwards compatible with miniDisplayPort - which is the only input available to the 27" ACD. You will not need any adapter to fit as the 27" ACD comes with its single miniDisplayPort cable hardwired. I use a 27" ACD and it is a great display - but very expensive new. It has a great digital audio amplifier and speakers, I like the combination very much! Good luck!

(Here in Europe the 27" ACD is selling for around 1000 euros list price, but I have seen occasional discounts down to 888 euros, new. I've never seen it refurb here. I get the feeling that maybe we'll see a refresh of Apple 27" displays in 2013 with USB3 hubs etcetera - but the 27" ACD might well disappear leaving only the 27" Thunderbolt Display)

5. thread starter macrumors member

I hope its worth it. I. Will pay 500eur for 1.5 year old 27"