27 inch down to 4-6 weeks

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Imaginethe, Feb 4, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

I notice that the 27 Inch iMac has dropped to 4-6 weeks in the UK.

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_mac/family/imac

I don't think bodes well for my order from a reseller 9 weeks ago. They must really be having problems. Although I have been told that it is also down to fusion drive as well as screens. Although I don't know how true that is.

2. macrumors 6502

wooowwww and also the 21.5 is down to 3-4 weeks now!
    I predict a lot of winging on this forum for a long time!!!

3. macrumors 6502

Whatever you do dont cancel your order now and change your keyboard from wired to wireless :) when I ordered mine on the 29th of January it was 3-4 weeks.

4. macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

My order for a 27" on the 22.01. also has an ETA window of 3-4 weeks, same as Tri-Stan, so I think the delivery time has been bumped up and not dropped. Hopefully it is just a minor glitch :eek:

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Something tells me it's not a glitch. After the reports of seeing the screen production would increase, it appears that is not the case.

I am relying on this dropping to smy iMac ordered 3rd Dec can be delivered!

6. macrumors member

OH JOY, I'm expecting my iMac to arrive in about... 3 months. That way I won't get disappointed.

7. macrumors 68020

Aluminum213

WOW @ this shipping times, it's 2-3weeks 21" and 3-4weeks 27" in the US

Apple has really handled this launch badly

thank god I ordered as soon as I could and have been enjoying this beauty for over a month now

8. macrumors 6502

Boys you all getting this wrong, your are all buying the revised version of the late 2012 Imac (possibly called the mid 2013) so apple is doing all right quoting for a 4-6 weeks queing time!!! (before someone takes my last comment seriously please note I am only joking)

9. macrumors demi-god

WizardHunt

So you are saying if you change your order in the least little bit such as a mouse, or keyboard that would delay your order to start over from scratch?

They should not do that. But doesn't mean they won't.

10. macrumors 6502

Personally I will not risk that just for a mouse vs trackpad. You can always swap that out at the shop later after having received the Imac...

11. macrumors regular

That's exactly what I feared of happening when I forgot to also order a full keyboard and the trackpad. Just a single change could introduce more delays which is something we don't want.
    I called the Apple reseller and confirmed what you have just said. They can change it in the store.

12. thread starter macrumors regular

I have decided mine will arrive the day before they update the Macs with haswell!

13. macrumors member

Just had this response from apple about my Imac 27' ordered on 24th jan regarding increased ordering times

"Thanks for your email. This will not affect your delivery times. It only affects orders being placed."

14. macrumors 6502

Probably you will get it a month before such date so if you want to return it to swap for the newer one you are out of the window LOL :D:D:D
    That is what happened to a friend of mine that ordered an Ipad 3 just a month before they changed to lightning.. That is the Murpy's law...!

15. macrumors regular

just do like I did
    walk into the apple store and buy the config they have in stock
    I did this yesterday. much relieved

16. macrumors member

yeah but some people don't have an apple store around, the resellers have NOTHING in stock and I don't want a base model.