Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheDance511

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
California soon
I play in a rock band..Guitar/Sing..And my band was doing a local show (Detroit).... My girlfriend was in the audience in the front and we were to maybe our 5th song when i loked down at the audience to see her Kissing some guy.. I immediatley had a sinking feeling and played very badly for the rest of the show...i didnt even want to play i jsut wanted to jump down there and break it up...my question is should i dump her i cant make up my mind i am only 18 and i think i lvoe her..would it be unreasonable of me to dump her for making a mistake am i over reacting? I dont know what to do.. please help?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I'd talk to her first. Make sure you know the story.

And if she was actually making out with some other guy at your gig? Dump her. And don't look back.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong

And if she was actually making out with some other guy at your gig? Dump her. And don't look back.

i agree. after you calm down, at least talk to her, and confirm it.

then leave and never look back...

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
Take her best friend out. That will pack more of a punch than your words ever could.

I also agree with the above posters. If this did, in fact, take place. Don't look back. Nobody should ever stay with a cheater.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Thats kinda ballsy for the girl to do right in front of him. I say find some groupies if you have any.

OldCorpse

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2005
compost heap
First, don't overreact, you may not know the full story. Many weird things happen at concerts. Folks drop x and kiss everyone around them... just sayin'... it would be rather odd if she was makin' out right in front of you... not exactly sneaking behind your back... so, its's more likely a misunderstanding... then again, I always tend to believe the best about people, so who knows :)

Talk to her.

Even if she did cheat, hey, at least you found out now, rather than in 10 years married with kids. Plus, you're still young... and I don't mean that in a harsh way, but maybe it's better that you find out about the sadder side of life now, it'll kind of toughen you up a bit. With age comes experience, and not all of it is rosy.

But whatever you do, don't harsh on her. It isn't worth it. You can't undo what's done. Let her go if you have to, but always take the high road.

Good luck.

zblaxberg

Jan 22, 2007

life's easy...you make choices and don't look back

confront her about it... you could even make her feel bad by telling her that your friend told you a story about how he was at a concert and he saw his girlfriend cheating on him...see what happens when you tell her the story if she won't willingly admit it. love her or not...honestly do you wanna be with someone that will continue to do those things to you:confused:

i know its confusing but think about it and don't think too hard and long. you'll make the right choice

p.s. let us know how everything goes man..it happens to the best of us

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
i know you probably don't want to hear this now, but i would have pointed her out to everyone through the mike "and to the whore, i mean - - - - kissing that schmuck in the middle, IT'S OVER!" :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, though you should not necessarily treat her like **** because of it, keeping her around is only asking for trouble. Infidelity leads to so many problems with mistrust in the future. It's painful now, but even more will be brought up by staying with her. Talk to her, but i would advise trying to move on.

Sorry to hear about that man :eek:

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
Maybe it was already over and you just didnt realize it. This was her way of "sending the message." She didn't have the guts or respect to tell you.:mad: :(

OldCorpse

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2005
compost heap
I can't believe how harsh some people here are :(

You only know one side of the story. And it's full of ambiguities, which even the OP acknowledges.

All these revenge fantasies is so much juvenile BS. I hope you don't treat people that way in real life and are only acting out on the net.

Find out what really happened first. And always treat your gf/bf with respect. If you loved them once, how can you call them names now? It speaks very poorly of you. When I hear people talking horrible stuff about their ex's I always think "yeah, well, YOU picked her/him - if they're so bad, that doesn't speak well of your ability to judge character, why should I trust you judgment of them this time either?".

Be good to people. Even if they wronged you, you'll lose more if you treat them badly. You can always say: "She did me wrong, but I always treated her like a gentleman". That counts for what kind of human being you are.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Wow, that sucks big time! Sorry man...

I'd suggest for you to find out the complete story first. If it turns out to be true, then you know what they say...
Once a w**re, always a w**re :rolleyes: Get out of there ASAP

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
anyone care to speculate what "the story" could be or what one would say in repsonse to being asked.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I can't believe how harsh some people here are :(

You only know one side of the story. And it's full of ambiguities, which even the OP acknowledges.

....Find out what really happened first. And always treat your gf/bf with respect. If you loved them once, how can you call them names now?

I "might" disagree. What's his definition of "making out"? Did a guy kiss her on the mouth for a split second, or did she kiss this guy for 5, 10, 20 seconds at a time?

If she was actually making out with him, and I mean they kissed for more than 5+ seconds, then I think it's a safe bet that you don't even need to talk to her about it. It's crystal clear. She was at your gig, standing in front of you, and she still did that? What has she been doing when out of your sight. Did you see her leave with this guy? Did she spend the night at someone elses house that night?

If it looked like he was kissing her, and it only lasted for a split second, then talk to her about it --- clear things up.

Thanks...Think i know wut im gonna do..:(

Don't jump, man!! :eek:

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
That made me laugh. You're not in love...trust me. If you were, you wouldn't be asking us what to do. But at 18...you're never in love. There will be those who disagree...but you don't know what love is at 18.

that's the most judgemental thing i've heard. just because people usually don't find true love at 18, doesn't mean people dont know what love is at 18. there are those of us who did, at age of 18, already have found it.

TheDance511

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
California soon
after it was over i jsut walked with my band mates to our car...didnt even try to find her i didnt have it in me...she called me like an hr after but i jsut ignored her...so maybe ill talk to her in the morning if i can...i dont know..but thanks guys

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
after it was over i jsut walked with my band mates to our car...didnt even try to find her i didnt have it in me...she called me like an hr after but i jsut ignored her...so maybe ill talk to her in the morning if i can...i dont know..but thanks guys
Like we've said:

Please try to talk to her in the morning. Get her side of the story. It won't take long, and you won't then have to regret not knowing.

If the story is as you think it is, then it's very unlikely anything good can come from staying with her unless she's genuinely sorry about and can explain it.

But if the story isn't what you think, then you'll be happy you asked.

Either way, if you do walk away from it, as others have said, don't bad-mouth her. It makes you look bad, and there's no reason for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.