2G Shuffle - How long for it to fully charge?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Ovs, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Ovs macrumors member

Bought a 2G shuffle yesterday and just a quick query on the charging aspect. The instructions state that the light turns green when fully charged, but I've had the damn thing sitting in its dock being charged for over 10 hours now. It's still showing as "charging" (constant amber light). How much juice can such a small thing take!

Surely it's not supposed to take this long?

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I'm sure you're just experiencing no green light cause of lack of use. Since the iPod is still very new it will probably behave a little odd at first. I would say it should take no more than 2 hours (or much less) to be charged. Just go out and use the iPod and in a month everything should be working just fine.

3. NeoMac macrumors regular

NeoMac

My shuffle seems to take several hours before it charges. It's seems much slower than the 1G shuffle.

4. Ovs thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies. It was just a matter of patience. 13.5 hours of patience to be accurate - the green light is finally on!
    Hopefuly it won't take so long next time.

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

The first time a battery is charged, it's supposed to be a good bit longer than the later times. Cell phones you should charge 24 hours, so 13 for a shufle seems about right.

jW