Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
hey,

so i clicked the 'easyvalue.com' banner on the forums today, and typed in ipod shuffle..

http://www.easyvalue.com/xFS?KW=ipod+shuffle

a 2gb one is inevitable..but is this it? just thought i'd bring it to everyones attention.

see screenshot below:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 253

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Hmm IDK...that's weird. There's a product number and everything. The 4GB one is there too. Only thing is, why would they know anything about it before anyone else did? I'm thinking they read a rumor site and decided to get it added now so that if it comes out, they can instantly start doing the deals on it, etc. and get more site visitors.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
well if that is true - then ipod mini will be either getting a push up or a drop in price

shuffle 2/4 gb
mini - 4/6gb to ??

weird that cos i just been looking at easycruise.com and thinking how bad them cabins look lol :D

calyxman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
Flash technology is becoming insane, there's no reason Apple couldn't create a 2 GB shuffle. San Disk released an SD card capable of holding 2 GB and that thing is the size a postage stamp.

As for the iPod mini, that could use a storage bump and price cut, perhaps color displays to boot.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Nah, its fine where it is.

Also, they can't really make a storage bump on the iPod Mini until 8GB drives are developed for cheap. No way I'd buy an 8GB mini for $250.

And sure, 2GB Shuffle is inevitable, but price of memory isn't going down too quickly, so as long as people don't mind buying shuffles at higher prices, say the price of a 6GB Mini, then sure, why not.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
I like the Shuffle a lot... I've got a 512mb version personally... I don't think I would see the value in a 2gb version, as I hardly see it in the current 1gb.

If they added support for multiple playlists (which I am hoping they do as a firmware update for all Shuffles) the 1gb would be pretty usefull, I might even buy one.

But at 2gb's I think it would be a but much for the Shuffles UI, or lack there of. Don't get me wrong, I think the UI works great now, for the 512mb with a single playlist. I can still find a particular song or artist on the 512mb if I just HAVE to hear something, but it holds enough to be interesting all day long.

What I would like to see is a small price drop in the current Shuffles, say $89 and $139 or so, add multiple playlist support (and fix audiobook bookmarking!), and then get rid of the 4gb HDD mini in favor of a 4gb flash based mini (could get to 4gbs with whatever the cheapest combo of flash chips at the time is... 2x2gb, 4x1gb, 8x512, whatever, as space isn't an issue with the mini). Use the same form factor and screen, and the same pricepoint of $200, but get 24+ hours of battery life and skip free operation.

I'd buy that in a second.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
mrgreen4242 said:
I like the Shuffle a lot... I've got a 512mb version personally... I don't think I would see the value in a 2gb version, as I hardly see it in the current 1gb.

If they added support for multiple playlists (which I am hoping they do as a firmware update for all Shuffles) the 1gb would be pretty usefull, I might even buy one.

But at 2gb's I think it would be a but much for the Shuffles UI, or lack there of. Don't get me wrong, I think the UI works great now, for the 512mb with a single playlist. I can still find a particular song or artist on the 512mb if I just HAVE to hear something, but it holds enough to be interesting all day long.

I agree. I have the 1 GB mostly so that I can use extra space as a flash drive if need be, but I really don't need more than that. If they wanted to give me more for the same price, sure, but I really don't need it.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
QCassidy352 said:
I agree. I have the 1 GB mostly so that I can use extra space as a flash drive if need be, but I really don't need more than that. If they wanted to give me more for the same price, sure, but I really don't need it.

Even then, I'd rather see the same space for less price. A $59 512mb shuffle would be king! Even at $99 they're not bad, but getting them sub-$75 should be a priority over more space.

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
I would use these more for space than anything else. I could just set it to 512mb for the music and use the rest of the space for documents, pictures, everything you would use a flash drive for. Thats just me though. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.