2K and Lucid Games Launch '2K Drive' Exclusively For iOS

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 5, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Video game publisher 2K and studio Lucid Games, the company formed by prior developers of console games such as Blur and Project Gotham Racing, have released 2K Drive, a racing title exclusive for iOS.

Notably, the game includes all content up front upon purchase, including over 25 tracks, over 100 unique events, and over 25 licensed cars from automotive brands such as Dodge, Nissan, and McLaren in addition to original cars. 2K Drive also includes "RaceFace", a feature that allows characters to put their faces onto characters within the games and real life racing news within menus from publications such as AutoBlog and Car & Driver.

The title was formally announced last month after Lucid Games originally teased the project in May on Facebook. 2K Drive is $6.99 and is available now in the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 2K and Lucid Games Launch '2K Drive' Exclusively For iOS

2. macrumors 68020

Sodner

3. macrumors 6502a

Glassed Silver

Look again

Glassed Silver:mac

Attached Files:

4. macrumors 68020

Sodner

DOOOHHHH! :eek:

5. macrumors 68000

Does this have simulation or arcade style gameplay? I'd be interested if it's along the lines of Real Racing 2.

6. macrumors 6502

I'm very confused. The app store lists this at version 1.5 with version 1.0 having come out April 1...

Even weirder, there are only 6 ratings and no reviews for any / all of the versions.

7. macrumors 6502

8. macrumors 6502a

T-Will

I'm trying to figure out if the $6.99 gives access to all cars, or if one of the in-app purchases is required? According to one of the App Store reviews, you have to pay $10 to get access to the other cars. :confused:

9. macrumors regular

meh... asphalt 8 is much better
    but the good thing in this app is tat there are no in-app purchases, and, that ladies and gentlemen is awesome:cool:

10. macrumors 6502a

T-Will

There ARE in-app purchases. I was excited too, until I went to the App Store and there they are. :mad:

11. Guest

They are EVERYWHERE...what a terrible development.

12. macrumors newbie

I wish they would just release Blur for iOS. Stupid Activision.

13. macrumors 6502

theanimaster

Meh... Real Racing 3 has better graphics.... by a mile.

14. macrumors 6502a

Glassed Silver

If only that was a game instead of a mere direct money connection between EA and my CC...

Anyone halfway serious about gaming should boycott that game or in fact, any EA game for that matter.
    Yes, I'm serious.

Glassed Silver:mac

15. macrumors regular

people should boycott all pay to win games regardless! They offer little gameplay but sadly the drip, drip of small amounts don't seem to register how much people are actually spending on the games.

Although anyone who gets the £69.99 in-app purchases... well, probably best not to say what should be done with those people!