2nd Gen iPod Shuffle: The Perfect Gift

Discussion in 'iPod' started by lamina, Nov 22, 2006.

1. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Me and my brothers gifted my mother with a new iPod Shuffle.

We had it engraved "From the Three Amigos" (they have called us that since we were children).

I showed her the advertisement a couple days ago (long after I had ordered it online) and her eyes lit up. She thought it was the coolest thing she had seen in a while. I told her they weren't coming out till 2 weeks before Christmas.

She got it tonight, and her and my dad haven't stopped playing with it since. I taught her how to use it in 5 minutes, and she couldn't be happier with its ease of use and most of all, the clip.

So, for CAD$105, my brothers and I gave her something she will use for years at the gym and walking the dog.

Oh, and yes it did come with the old style headphones.

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

glad to hear she liked it! i think a lot of people will be getting new iPods for the holidays this year (much like every other year).

3. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I would bet that the new Shuffle will sell well. It's small, convenient, cheap and simply cool! :)

4. lamina thread starter macrumors 68000

lamina

Even my aunt and the neighbour couldn't keep their hands off it. Hell even I want one, and I have a 5th Gen 30GB.

5. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

I bought one yesterday to replace my old Shuffle. It's a superb piece of equipment and sounds better than my 5G 30gig iPod.

I think that the form factor is going to sell bucketloads of the things. It is the best digital audio player I have owned for that reason alone.

6. backsidetailsli macrumors 65816

backsidetailsli

im thinking of maybe gettin one each for my bro and my sis.

7. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

The Shuffle will be the thing to have this Christmas season.

It's practically a stocking stuffer price wise.

I bet it will turn out to be one of Apple's hottest selling items. :)

8. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

I felt really bad when my friend opened the one I got her for her birthday - it totally overshadowed everyone else's gifts. :(

9. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

well, that's true. but you still have new alternative thing. it's zune. how about this? remember! pick white one.

10. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

I really want to get a new shuffle, because the technology is so awesome... but I simply don't need one! I have an iPod 4G, which works fine, and the shuffle's totally unnecessary. yet i can't... resist...

i'm sure other people feel this way, right?

11. lamina thread starter macrumors 68000

lamina

like I said in my original post... I have a 30GB 5th gen iPod.. DEFINITELY don't need a shuffle, but its so awesome. I left it clipped to my shirt last night and forgot it was there. It's just so light

12. shunpike macrumors regular

I so badly want one - I've got a 4gb 2ndgen Mini but the battery is dead and it will cost almost as much 2 replace it as the new shuffle, if anyone can give me a 2gen shuffle I'd be most appreciative. :p

Also does anyone know if there will be a 2gb version at all or if it will stay @ 1gb?

13. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Um, I'd rather get brown personally :eek: but the zune is so crappy with it's 2 minute wi-fi battery life and legal music transfers only hardcore windows geeks and those guys from ars.technica will be buying these! I wonder if Bill Gates still uses his iRiver?

14. appleman123 macrumors newbie

The shuffle is amazing i recommend it for all!

15. freebooter macrumors 65816

freebooter

just bought 2 a few hours ago.

1 4 bro-in-law

1 4 me!

I love it! I also have the 60 gb vid, 2nd gen 8gb nano, and used to have a green mini. the 2nd gen shuf is great. :D

16. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

I like the idea of the 2G iPod Shuffle but I have one major gripe: Apple could have made the unit just a tad bigger so it could accommodate a small LCD display showing song title and time elapsed (just like on the Creative Zen Nano Plus models).