Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kas782000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
When I try to play music on my iPod touch it doesn't play over the built in speaker. When I adjust the volume it says "headphones" above the speaker symbol. I noticed that when the iPod is cold it will play over the built in speaker but when it gets warm it thinks headphones are plugged in. Is this something I can fix or do I have to send it to Apple?

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
i'm having the exact same problem. if i leave my headphones plugged in for a long time then unplug them it fixes it for a little bit but it always goes back to thinking they are plugged in. I'm going to try to take mine to the apple store to see what they say but i don't think it's going to work because i looked in the headphone port and the water indicator is half pink (i haven't been around any water but i heard humid air can make it turn pink. it must have been the humid air because i live in florida and it gets very humid.). I also tried inserting and taking out the headphone multiple times and I cleaned out the headphone port with alcohol and it's still not working properly.

EDIT: i just blew some compressed air into the headphone jack and it started working again. i'll see if this works or if it will just go back to doing the same thing and post back here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.