2nd HD in Pismo?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by joetronic, Apr 7, 2005.

1. joetronic macrumors 6502

Is there anyway to install a second hard disk in a Pismo notebook?

Thanks
    Joe

2. matthewr macrumors member

Why not just replace it

There's probably not enough room, from what I've seen of the inside, but it is pretty darned easy to rip the old one out and put in a new, bigger one (I'm not too computer saavy, but I did it in less that 30 minutes - all it too was the right sized Torx, and some gentle fiddling). If you're worried about getting the info off the old drive after you've removed it, just get an enclosure for it, and you can copy the data off it onto the new drive, and have an external drive for backups!

3. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

YES

Yes there is. I believe MCE made modules with hard drives inside that can be inserted into the expansion bays of the Pismo PowerBook. I think they also work on the Wallstreet. You just have to take out the battery or DVD-ROM drive and insert the hard drive module. I don't think MCE makes them anymore but I could be wrong. You might be able to find some on eBay. I'm sure they are 2.5" drive but I'm not sure how many gigs they support.

4. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

They would appear to still sell them.

6. joetronic thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the link. thats a little to pricey for me at the moment though.

I have a spare laptop drive. is there any easy way to transfer my data and OS (if you view post "OS X on Pismo? you'll see that I don't what to have to reinstall the OS again on this system for a long time.) I know I should have thought about putting the larger drive in before all that hassle, but I just remembered I had this drive a little bit ago.

Thanks