2xDesktop

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Windowlicker, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Windowlicker macrumors 6502a

Windowlicker

I'm having a weird problem here.. When saving something I get the window where I can define the file name and saving location.. this is all normal of course, but there's a glitch on the window: on the favorites panel on the left I have two desktop icons. I don't have even one desktop on the normal panel that's on my windows.

yeah I know there is one of these icons anyway when having the save panel open, but two isn't just normal :p anyone know how to get rid of the 2nd one?

2. Windowlicker thread starter macrumors 6502a

Windowlicker

seems like no one else is having this problem :p think deleting finder preferences would help?

3. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

Could you please post a picture? I just can't imagine how it looks like.

You can always try moving your finder preferences out of the way, re log in to see if it helps. and if not, put them back in place.

4. Windowlicker thread starter macrumors 6502a

Windowlicker

5. Windowlicker thread starter macrumors 6502a

Windowlicker

ok I got the glitch fixed.. I deleted the files "com.apple.BezelServices.plist" and "com.apple.sidebarlists.plist" and then relaunched finder. everything's like it should be now and I'm happy :)

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The 'correct' way to fix this is to hold Command and drag one of them off the sidebar. I don't know how you managed to get two there in the first place though.