3,200+ Songs lost through iTunes!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by musicpyrite, May 17, 2004.

1. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Well it had to happen one day.

Let me tell you what went wrong:

I was importing a CD with some music on it, and got board and decided to watch a DVD (I had already ripped the movie to my HD). So all of a sudden my computer froze. So I go on my fater's computer and open terminal and type "ssh Daniel@10.0.1.2" well I wait a while and nothing happens, so i figure I'll just have to do a force restart by holding down the power button for 5 seconds. I do that and my computer starts back up, I open iTunes and it give me a warning that says something like this "iTunes has a problem and will create a new music library name 'iTunes 4 Music (damaged)"
    Well this isn't good, so I try to import all my music, but when I do I can't select 600+ folders (all my music is in there). So I try to individually import each one, but it wont show my paly count or my ratings or anyting!
    I'm really pi**ed off right now.

Does anybody have a any idea how to import all my music at once, WITH the playcount/rating/ect.?

BTW, I have a 15 GB iPod with 2800 songs on it.

2. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

my guess is, the playcount and other info would be in the .xml file or in the database file, in the itunes folder... so just copy those files too.
    and u said you cant select all the music folders at once? why is that? why cant u just copy 'iTunes' folder to the new comp?

3. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

At least you still had the mp3 files, last week I lost a 60gb HD with 6600+ track on it. Once I replaced the drive I had to reimport the mp3s from my DVD back ups. I was thankful that i had recently backed up my mp3 to
    dvd, and only had to re rip about 10 cds. In the near future i intend getting a 250gb FW dirve to use as a backup using Backup. Backup will alow you to back up you to back up your "iTunes Music Library" & "iTunes Music Library.xml" files to idisk, FW or cd/dvd.

4. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Musicpyrite, meet Karma...

:D :p