3 days till nvidia 4mx release

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by spuncan, Feb 3, 2002.

1. spuncan macrumors 6502

seen on nvidia homepage is this [​IMG]
    I guess this is the release of the nvidia 4mx. Mac first of course since you can already buy the new powermac w/ nvidia 4. This looks very nice and to clear the entire mx or not thing up. The MX series is the lowend consumer grade chip which satifys most every one in the wintel world and some macusers. the quadro/ non-mx line is the high end for video developers and the like which need the extra power. So the Nvidia 3 is faster then the nvidia 4MX or equal where the 4MX is faster then the 3mx.

2. spuncan thread starter macrumors 6502

come on guys

does no one care about graphics or does everyone just hate me. Reply its a good post.

3. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

im sure they will release the geforce4 not the geforce4 mx.

mx is a consumer model that is powerful enough for pros. the real deal in the powermacs is the radeon 7500 for cheaoer.

4. Abominog macrumors member

Re: come on guys

I don't care a whole lot about grafx, but I know many people do. I most highly value overall processor performance, GUI, intuitiveness and aesthetics. These are the reasons I started using Macs to begin with and my uses for the machine weigh heaviest on these factors, e.g., editing and burning DVDs, ease of interoperability with peripherals, etc.

As far as hating you, well, give it time;)