3 free iTunes (if you are bored and surfing)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joeswinehart, Aug 18, 2005.

1. joeswinehart macrumors member

Hmmm, if you are bored and doing not much, you can score 3 free iTunes downloads by going to geico.com/music and requesting an insurance quote. You are supposed to be a student, so I clicked part-time in that box. Didn't need a VIN number so you can just plug in whatever make and model...I went with the simplest answers I could find, checked no on everything and got the default limits. They sent a quote via email immediately and then 2 days later I got my iTunes code. Took maybe 10 minutes, so maybe it isn't worth your time, but if you are wondering what to do with your day, maybe it's a start...

p.s. the fine print on the intro page says:
    "Sorry, this offer not valid in GA, MA, ME, or NY. Limit one per person."

2. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Cool thanks... I just did it, but it didn't offer me the choice of part time student, just full time or not... I am a part time student, and was actually looking for an insurance quote, but Geico's rates suck. Hopefully I get sent my iTunes codes, though. :)

3. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

4. mkaake macrumors 65816

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. Actually came in almost 100 cheaper than what I'm paying through progressive right now...

5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Progressive is pretty bad. Try State Farm, you'll probably save a bit over Geiko too.

6. Lloyd1994 macrumors member

Get USAA if you can! Not everyone qualifies (you or your parents or grandparents must have been in the military or had a USAA account) but if you can get it you won't regret it.

7. iMatt mini macrumors 6502

I put all fake stuff in until it got to Social Security number, then I clicked out of it. :cool:

8. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

You could have just left the field blank. That's what I did. :p

9. iMatt mini macrumors 6502

Really? They gave me errors everytime I tried to put something blank in.
    No way I'm going to redo it now. :p

10. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I was just looking into getting my own policy from my parent's, and being a full time student this is perfect. But 919 for 6 months sounds high, insurance hasn't done a thing for me in the past 6 months.

Edit: I am an 18 year old Male with a 2.8l german sedan. I wouldn't trust me either.

11. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Thanks man. I realized Geico really isn't the cheapest out there, but it's ten minutes I spent learning that & getting some free tunes as well (hopefully!)

Cheers!

12. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Uh oh, did I go to the wrong site? I don't recall a SSN input area... :confused:

13. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Thanks for the link man.

Why do you think it takes 2 days to get the free tunes?

14. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

It only asks for SSN depending on the options you select. If you select unemployed, they wont ask you for it.

15. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

16. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Thanks for that,

I now have accounts in 2 other stores just for the free songs :p

17. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

Sweet... double what i pay now! sign me up. i really wished i would have read the whole thread though, so i wouldn't have had to put in my social. o well, thats what i get for being lazy.

18. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

here's another free itune download for just requesting info from a bank...

http://wellsupdate.wellsfargo.com/m/p/wls/itn/sub.asp

EDIT: They don't really check for dupes either... you just have to turn off cookies (private browsing should do it) and use a diff email, so you can get a couple freebies at least. :)

19. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

If this runs your SS#, it's doing a credit check (which is important for insurance).

Each time these companies run your credit, it lowers your score. Same as when you buy a new car, and they run your credit through several banks all at once, which significantly hurts your credit score (which is why you should always get the loan yourself from your bank, not the dealer..but anyway).

The hit your credit score takes for running the check is not worth 3 songs in iTunes!! :eek:

20. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Correct me if I am mistaken, but the drop in credit score for repeated checks is usually only 1) if there are more than 3 in a day or something like that, 2) very small, and 3) go away after a few weeks of no checks.

The whole credit reporting system is completely stupid and should be illegal anyways.

21. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

According to How Stuff Works, they stay there for 2 years (yikes!).

http://money.howstuffworks.com/credit-report6.htm

Not worth it IMO. Save yourself the credit and spend the $3 instead.

22. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Go to the GAP ...

Much easier to go to the Gap and get a free song for trying on a pair of jeans. If you're lucky enough to have a mall with two Gaps, then you could score 2 songs. Bring a friend (or wife) and that's 4 songs.

And they don't ask for any information (other than perhaps your waist and inseam sizes).

ft

23. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Actually its not so easy. I got 3 free song cards (there were 2 other ppl with me) and only 1 of the 3 ended up working. The other 2 had the codes scratched off because the silver stuff covering it is so hard that you have to push hard to get it off but it ends up taking off the code under it as well. I emailed the gap about it and they said that theres nothing they can do because they have already ran out of cards.

24. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

yeah, thats all good and fun, but it would only work if you carpooled, then everyone gave you their free songs! it costs more than a 99 cents worth of gas to get to the mall, find parking and then get back. at least for me. maybe if the mall were on the way to school or work then it would be ok. but the mall is too far away. and with gas prices going where they are. 99 cents buys roughly .4 of a gallon of gas. (if we are looking at 2.50 a gallon) then considering a middle of the line economy car (like my jetta) which gets about 28mpg in the city. then thats about 11 miles on 99 cents. which would get me too the mall, but not back. as for geico does it really do something to your credit? cause i would apply but not if it hurts my credit in some way.

25. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Thanks for the heads up... about the UK one, don't you have to be a resident of the UK to get those songs?