3 Held Overseas in Plan to Bomb New York Target

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jul 8, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

Jul 18, 2002

like the recent clown college arrests in florida, these arrests seem little more than an attempt to up the "we caught 'em" count. call me old-fashioned, but i like the kind of police work where the plan is allowed to develop far enough to secure a conviction and all the collaborators can be sniffed out.

if these guys were for real, perhaps they would have led authorities to those who supply bomb-making material. too hasty an arrest for that, i guess. right now, this seems like clown college, canada branch.
  2. XNine macrumors 68040

Apr 7, 2005
    Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Well, the thing is these guys train to blend in to crowds, making it impossible to distinguish them from anyone else. Had they not stopped them now, it's possible that they could have disappeared and then succeeded. You really can't convict a smear on the wall...

However, you're right, it could be jumping the gun and I hope they have enough evidence to back up their story.
  3. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Jul 4, 2003
    Terlingua, Texas
    Dunno if he was confessing or bragging, but one article said that Hammoud had already imitated a canary...

4. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    If these were really successes, we should never have to hear about them. People are getting frustrated, so they release some good news to counter all the bad. I wonder if they had warrants. Makes it easier to convict, but try telling that to those who support warrantless searches.

Maybe they just tortured them. :rolleyes: