3 important questions about iMac G5..

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by toughboy, Sep 8, 2004.

1. macrumors 6502a

toughboy

Wel because of the reason that we dont have Customized to Order (CTO thing) here in Turkey, I wanna know 3 things about iMac G5..

1) Can we change the harddrive to anything (which is serial normal harddrive) and use the harddrive in a box at somewhere else?

2) How does Apple puts bluetooth device in the iMac when its ordered online? is there anyway I can put bluetooth "IN" the iMac, without plugging anything to USB..

3) is VESA Mounting something easy? how many seconds does it take a aluminium screen user to unmount the screen from its place and put it to VESA Mount?

2. macrumors G4

Mord

1) any sata drive should work, i would get a ibm hitachi 7k400 (400GB 8MB cache 7200rpm)

2) it's a freaking pain to add internal blue tooth in an imac get it now or live with the dongle

3) i have no idea but it should not take long

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

toughboy

What is so special about IBMs harddrive?? general quality? performance? compatibility with Macs?

4. macrumors 68030

homerjward

it's a good performing drive and the largest capacity SATA drive available. this
    drive is probably the fastest SATA drive available and is a great choice unless you need the extra capacity

5. macrumors 65816

vraxtus

IBM drives are typically very high quality drives... as in they don't fail very easily and in general have very few problems... that said I once bought a 20GB drive for my old PB and it failed right out of the box... so I suppose it's a tossup :D