3 XBOX 360's

Discussion in 'Games' started by Rob587, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

Where in gods name can I buy 3 core xbox systems(and yes I need 3..dont even ask:rolleyes: ), preferably bundle packages?

Ok, I know the title of my thread was kind of a scam... :p But im really going crazy!

I absolutly cannot believe that Microsoft, the big, mean, all powerfull monopolly of a company, didnt predict the current demand of the 360. They have specific people that find out what the market demand will be and the perfect retail pricing based on the amount of systems that they have available. Everytime an xbox gets sold for "more than retail prices"(i.e. $1800 on ebay), Microsoft misses out on a possible extra profit that they could have made. My only logical explanation for this would be that they planned on shipping a minimum amount at first so that people would go crazy and create radiculous hype. I also think that they are intentionally predicting false next shipment dates. MY theory would be that they think by doing this, then sending a ton of the systems to the US all at once, right before xmas, people will see them in stores and will buy them like crazy in fear that they will run out like they are claiming now. Therefore creating huge sales. Does anyone agree with me? I really cant believe that microsoft just messed up... which they have have abviously done, if my theory is incorrect.

Again WHERE CAN I GET SOME DANG XBOX's? Thanks.

2. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

yeah im almost 100% sure it was done intentialy so that microsoft could create more demand. like you said making people go crazy and 'need' a 360! ^_^

why you would need 3 i have no idea, but im afraid your pretty much out of luck except ebay. if you pre-order 3 now (probably 1 at 3 different stores) you may be in luck before, or after chrismas.

good luck : ]

3. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

4. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Its gonna be tough to get ONE let alone 3! Unless you have a couple thousand stashed away. or you can just sell lots of stuff, like a house, car, etc. Just wait a month or so

5. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I have no idea where you'll be able to get it from. I heard Best Buy may be getting shipments in this Friday but I'm not sure. Anyone else know when the next shipments are?

6. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Do tell- we macrumoree's are a curious bunch.

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

man i better put my PS3 and REV on preorder right now. damn....u wont see the 360 until january man...tuff luck.

Bless

8. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

I got mine at Sears.com on Thanksgiving. Their 400 units lasted about 20 minutes.

Supposedly restocks are trickling into stores this week. Personally, I think it's a crap shoot to try to find one on any store shelves.

Good luck!

9. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Or you could have been smart and preordered them.

Ebay might be your best way to find 3 of them. Hope you don't get screwed.

10. Rob587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rob587

oh man.. I would do just about anything for some xbox 360's right now.... I would wait in a parking lot for days if I just had the info on where to wait and when. Then thing is that no one seems to know when they are getting any. How is it possible that places like best buy dont know when they are getting shipments from factories?

11. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

HA! I dunno if that's possible, at least right now at least

12. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

Well I was not too interested to pre order at that moment.

I might pre-order PS3 however, if it does not cost 900 + dollars

13. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I disagree; that would only work to a point. The shortage is TOO much. A smart shortage would be to hold back units until shortly before Christmas. But Microsoft's shortage is so bad, most people with preorders will get their systems AFTER Christmas!

After Christmas, there is not so much of a rush to buy new stuff.

14. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

What about kids and all people in general that receive cash for xmas and then can go out and buy a 360 when they are readily availible.

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Some do, but the majority receive gifts. It's very stupid to launch a console early so you can catch the Christmas market, and not have enough units out for people to actually buy them.

And Microsoft is losing a lot of money over the whole shortage.

I think they intended a small shortage, but nothing like this.

16. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I was thinking the same thing. I expected a small shortage to build up a little hype but I think it's worse then anyone expected, especially Microsoft. If Sony or Nintendo can get their consoles to the market relatively quick then it could be even worse for Microsoft, especially if Nintendo can get theirs at a lower price point.

17. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Personally I think they just like making customers mad.;)

Actually I think the shortage is a lot worse then initially expected. I read somewhere that some small shipments might make it out this week so I'm gonna go check the local Best Buy to see what they say.

18. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

GameStop says (being that I work there ;) ) that they will receive the second shipment during december (I forgot the day) and the third shipment after Christmas.

Most people are on the third shipment.
    And these are the people who reserved it.

19. takao macrumors 68040

takao

wow that's bad... on friday i'm gonna do a little "check out the stores on launch day " to see if there are some around..perhaps if the interest in stores i neurope isn't big enough the US might get more and Rob587 might get 3 core packages

20. Rob587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rob587

hey takeo,

if you go buy me 3 core systems when they are launched in Europe, ill pay you the cost + shipping + $50 for your time. If you could even find any.

21. Will Cheyney macrumors 6502a

Will Cheyney

Because of the pretty much simultaneous world-wide launch, they have had a lot of difficulty manufacturing for a global demand - as can be expected!

22. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I agree that a little hype would make this system sell like hotcakes, but THIS short of a demand just kind of upsets me as a consumer. If it was sold out for the first month, I would still be really excited to get one, but if I have to wait til february, my excitement is going to waiver. note to sony and nintendo:don't do a worldwide launch, it just doesn't work as well. If sony can get their system out by next fall, microsoft might be in trouble, but hey! maybe i'll still be waiting in line to find an Xbox360 by then!

23. savar macrumors 68000

savar

I don't think MS is doing it intentionally. The truth is that its much more cost effective to ramp up production smoothly, rather than make a wholel lot now and then ramp production down very quickly thereafter. Each factory that gets set up to make 360s needs lots of tooling and configuring, not to mention employee training. Thats a lot of fixed cost which is completely unnecessary in the long run. The smart thing to do for any huge product is to keep production at a reasonably constant volume. So, no, MS isn't doing this intentionally, despite all the protestations of all the industry insiders and expert economists that hang out here. Look at Apple products, the same thing happens a lot: a new release generates lots of buzz and Apple can't keep up with demand. Usually it doesn't catch anybody by surprise, its just a fact about how the world works.

But you're right, they clearly do benefit from it. Their scarcity makes them far more valuable. MS could never get away with charging the true market price because they'd be accused of manipulating supply, as you and others have done here and other places numerous times.

As far as where to get one? You won't, not this week probably. Not without paying the huge markup like everybody else. You should have pre-ordered if you wanted 3 core systems this week. But I'm sure there will be lots more before Xmas, just pick a couple stores and call them up, hound them about when they're getting the next order and go in as soon as they arrive. Its just game consoles, not illicit drugs...it will be easy for most people to get one before Xmas.

Why do you *have* to have 3? Sounds like modding experiments to me.

24. 7on macrumors 601

7on

you would only be able to play European games though... And try and find a PAL tv...

25. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

That's why I got a full refund from GameStop (grr!) ;) and took my chances and got one 6 days later.

The whole situation was bungled badly by MS and GameStop (in my area).

Oh, and I agree: the shortage is too much. Those looking for a conspiracy are looking in the wrong place. The shortage is costing MS money and goodwill.