30" ACD with MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cmm, Nov 12, 2006.

1. cmm macrumors 6502a

How does the 30" ACD look with the MBP's video card? What about when watching TV on it? Or am I better off buying a dedicated plasma TV?

If a pixel burns in, what are my options?

2. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

The 30" will run fine off a 30". I saw a CD MBP 128 MB X1600 run a 30" in an Apple Store, and since the X1600's in the C2D MBP's have a highher clockspeed, it'd be great.

Computer monitors aren't designed to watch TV on. Sure it'll look good, but you'll be much better off with a big Plasma/LCD from Shard or Samsung.;)

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

you'd be better off buying a real television if that'd be the monitor's primary purpose.

i don't know what you'd do if a pixel burns - i think Apple will only replace it if it's more than eight pixels (i don't remember where i heard this - it might've been from my friend who works at the Apple store).

4. cmm thread starter macrumors 6502a

I only watch two tv shows and occasionally flip on CNN, ergo, the monitor is mainly for home computer use...

5. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

I really doubt pixels would burn in. Unless you're talking about dead pixels, LCD screens don't burn-in like projection TV's and plasma.

6. cmm thread starter macrumors 6502a