30" Cinema display Screen Burn in?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by radiantm3, Nov 7, 2005.

1. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

I just noticed the weirdest thing. The apple toolbar at the top is burned into my 30" display. I know this happens with CRT monitors (hence the importance of screensavers), and I also heard of rare cases of this on cheap LCD screens. But I wouldn't have thought it would happen on my 2 month old 30" cinema display especially since I have my screen saver active at 5 minutes.

When I play a movie at full screen, I can faintly see my toolbar at the top in the black (letterbox) area. I also noticed that when I moved some of the icons that were on my desktop for a few weeks (never moved), I can see a faint shape of where the icons used to be. Anyone else with a Cinema display notice this? I never had this issue with my 20" cinema display. I really hope this will go away.

2. pionata macrumors 6502

You should let it sleep all night and see if its ok tommorow.

3. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

Again?..

Many, many threads have been through this. Apparently they don't burn in, but rather retain a temporary pixel charge. Try having pure white/black for awhile, or turn it off for a few days.

4. radiantm3 thread starter macrumors 65816

radiantm3

Thanks. I never had this issue with my 20" display and this is the first time I have ever heard what you just said. Sarcasm not needed. :cool: