30 Days

Discussion in 'Community' started by OutThere, Jun 15, 2005.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I just watched the premier of the TV show '30 Days' on FX...it was a look at two people who took 30 days and started a new life...living on minimum wage in Columbus, Ohio.

I really felt that the problems and situations that they had to deal with gave me a really good insight on the problems and issues faced in American society today...it really gave me a much greater appreciation for what I have, and what the people around me have, that other people do not.

Anyone else see the show? You should check it out (I bet they'll have re-plays this week), it's really something powerful.

2. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Did the show provide them with a place to live?

3. OutThere thread starter macrumors 603

OutThere

They had 1 week's worth of minimum wage pay each to put up the opening costs, security deposit etc. for an apartment and food until they were able to find work.

4. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Yikes. Not sure what that would get you in Columbus, but they might want to buy a gun with part of it :eek:

5. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

hmm, should have watched that - I really enjoyed Super Size me and he's got some really good ideas for the other shows. Hopefully they'll have a rerun - Wednesdays are not a good time for me....

D

7. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

I'm watching it right now (the rebroad cast on the west coast). I hated super size me after about 70 minutes, so a 60 minute show on TV is perfect!

So far I'm pretty impressed with it.

BEN

Edit:

Whine Whine Whine. Bitch Bitch Bitch. I remember why I hated SS me. This guy just can find EVERYTHING wrong with everything. He spends all of his money, takes cabs, 1200 bucks on an ace bandage and UTI pills (I'll give them 400 of that for the UTI, that can be very painful). Started out great, finished with the TV going off.

8. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Well I just looked it up on my DVR. Friday at 11:05 CST is the next showing if this is correct. I'll have to record it and check it out, looks interesting.

jon

9. neildmitchell macrumors 6502a

neildmitchell

I heard the radio commercial for the show.

Theres a book along the same lines.

Nickel and Dimed - On (Not) Getting By in America
    by Bahbara Ehrenreich

10. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

I saw it. Loved Super Size Me so I had to check this show out.

Pretty good, kind of put things into a different perspective.

I think I will enjoy this show.