30 gig 5.5 vs 60 gig 5.0

Discussion in 'iPod' started by tjm337, Sep 22, 2006.

1. tjm337 macrumors newbie

May 16, 2006
    Hey All,
    I need advice. I can get a brand new 30 gig 5.5 ipod or a refirbished 60 gig 5.0 ipod. Other than the fact that the 60 gig is refurbished, what are the major differences?

Thanks in advanced!!!
  2. macenforcer macrumors 65816

Jun 9, 2004
    I like the 30 because it's slimmer but I only have 22gb left on my 60gb ipod and there is not that much on there. Movies and music take LOTS of space. Get the 60.

As far as differences, brighter screen and some kind of menu addition. Big woop.
  3. 840quadra Moderator

Staff Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Twin Cities Minnesota
    At this point your thoughts should be on..

1. Disk space
    2. physical size (as stated previous)
    3. Search function (only on 5.5)
    4. Brighter screen (only on 5.5)

Personally, I would be fine living without the brighter screen, and search "may" become part of the 5.0 software if as many people are complaining about it as I have been seeing on Apples site, and here.

I would go for the larger disk space.
  4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    Moorestown, NJ
    I think it's deceiving when people dwell on the screen's brightness because i consider the 60GB 5.0's screen too bright as it is and turned it down :eek:

There was another thread i posted on yesterday about this, but i'd go for the 60GB. To me the search feature and brighter screen are not worth the additional cost, plus you get twice as much storage. You will not be disapointed with a refurb 60, thats what i got and it's unbelievably awesome and the quality is the same as a new one (spotless just like you'd get a new one) so i really don't see a point in getting a 30GB.