30 gig ipod video is frozen on " Do not disconnect"

Discussion in 'iPod' started by fallacy, Nov 26, 2006.

1. fallacy macrumors member

howdy people,

wondering if theres a way to reset the ipod without using itunes... It seems to have frozen on the 'do not disconnect' screen. And yes, the hold button is not on. It happened as I had a usb hub plugged into my macbook ( i've got a midi keyboard and usb speaker plugged into that) so i had a usb port free which is where i plugged in my ipod..it didn't detect, but my ipod was getting power. So naturally i disconnect it and thats when it stayed frozen. I tried plugging it back into the macbook and nothing. I plugged it into my pc (i know i know..) and it detects, but i can't get it going either.

Any help would be mighty cool of you lovely people.

thx.

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Check out the five Rs at Apple's support page. I have a feeling since it's frozen it may not reset. But, follow their suggestions and see what happens! Good luck! :)

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

my suggestions: (1) hold down the center and menu buttons at the same time. (2) plug it into a wall charger. (3) wait and try plugging it into a computer later on. (4) take it to an Apple store.

4. fallacy thread starter macrumors member

problem solved!!

Piano man, i just read the link on another post. It suggested to do exactly what you did. Totally fixed my problem.

THank you all! YOu guys are awesome!

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Hold the menu and select buttons to force it to reboot. It should work fine after that. This started happening to my 30GB video after the iPod update accompanying iTunes 7.

6. farqueue macrumors 6502

farqueue