$30 off $300 purchase at Apple online store Help me decide

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DISCOMUNICATION, Nov 21, 2006.

1. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2004
    Cambridge, MA USA
    So I got a gift code thats good at the Apple online store till 11/29. It's $30 off a minimum of $300. It can't be combined with any other promotions or discounts so I can forget about using it on Black Friday or with an educational discount. I might wait and see what deals there are at different online retailers on black friday. I was planning on spending just below $300 before new years on either an 8GB Nano, digital camera, printer, Wii, or the Homacide: Life on the Street box set.
    To give you an idea of what I already own and compatiblity I have a 17" CoreDou iMac, Dell 2407WFP, Apple wireless keyboard + Mighty Mouse, 1GB 1G Shuffle, Airport Extreme Base station, Canon LiDE 500F scanner, PSP, and 6 game consoles. I threw in the PSP in case anyone wanted to deter me from getting an 80GB video iPod and the 6 consoles to question the Wii. I know apple doesn't sell Wii's but still would like an opinion on getting one before new years.
    The Apple online store has tax and sells most products at MSRP so is the $30 off $300 even worth while? I was considering the 80GB iPod. Canon iP90 printer, or a combination of 8GB Nano nano accessories. Apples selection of digital cameras are limiting and again it is MSRP, but I'll take any recommendations.
  2. extraextra macrumors 68000

Jun 29, 2006
    I probably wouldn't buy anything, but if I ABSOLUTELY had to, then I would get a nice printer.
  3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Jun 10, 2006
    I would save my money. Those things don't save you money, they just encourage you to spend more.
  4. stagecustom macrumors regular

Sep 7, 2006
    best advice ive seen all week. and yes think of it, you could just forget about that coupon and save 270.:rolleyes:
  5. pianoman macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    or you could spend it and sell your item for a profit. but that might be more trouble than it's worth. your call, obviously.