300 millionth iTunes Music Store Sale, Monday 2/21/05.... Perhaps

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rogo, Feb 17, 2005.

1. rogo macrumors member

So I believe it ought to be this coming Monday, 2/21/05, that Apple announces 300 million sales at the iTunes Music Store.

That would make 230 million sold in year 2 with about 8 weeks to go and should leave enough time to have a shot at 350 million for the year (300+ million is an absolute mortal lock at this point, 350 million would be nice because it would be 5x last year's total).

I recognize the difficulty of fathoming this right now, but the total will surpass 1 billion songs sold before year 3 of the store comes to a close... More numerical forecasting after 300 million is announced.

(Note also, I think this will mark the beginning of a new trend. As the milestones will become fast and furious, it's distinctly possible that Apple will not announce 350 million, but will start announcing only each 100 million. Selling 100 million songs in a month is not that far into the future, so eventually, we might see even those milestones as uninteresting).

Anyway, keep an eye out for Monday. That's my predicted date, although your mileage may always vary. :)

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

A very interesting prediction. Apple seems to be on track for more notoriety. I contributed to statistics, purchased the Valentine's Album last week.