$300 Monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by broncoball, May 28, 2006.

1. broncoball macrumors regular

Hi, im thinking about buying a new monitor for my powerbook (12" is just too small) and was wondering what the best one was for around $300. I would prefer a wide screen one.

2. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

try something at dell.com they usually have pretty good monitors, not sure about the price tho, i think there's a 20" for around $350 on there. just look around and see what you like.

3. holycow macrumors newbie

Viewsonic VX2025WM. It's about $335 at newegg.com with free shipping. Supposed to be a great monitor. I'm going to buy one eventually.

4. Nate4747 macrumors regular

Buy.com has a huge sale on viewsonic's right now, you can get a 19" widescreen 1440x900 for 239. I own that same monitor and it is great. DVI connection too, so it is super crisp. You can get their 20 incher for a bit more and have 1680x1050 like the Apple display.

5. Makosuke macrumors 603

Indeed, ViewSonic makes some great 19" widescreen monitors for under $300 even with tax and shipping. I just bought one for my dad's birthday from NewEgg, and he's quite happy with it.

Basically, unless you're going for Apple style, you can't go wrong with ViewSonic--they make solid, quality LCDs at a reasonable price. I might look at Dell's ultra-cheap 24" that everybody loves, but in general it's either Apple or ViewSonic for me.

6. ribbonthecat macrumors regular

I'm in the same position. I'm looking at a 17' Dell. But then I looked at the Dell Outlet, and I found a 19' for only a couple of dollars more than the 17'. Is it safe to buy from the Dell outlet?

7. tedrjr03 macrumors regular

tedrjr03

check out the acer widescreen 19in from newegg. i have its awsome and only 220, only con is its vga

8. toothman macrumors newbie

300 monitor

Hi..I have a couple of like new monitors for sale...
    CMV 19''..Awesome/// and a Dell 20'' model 2005..about 10 months old..
    both as new..
    only selling 'cause 'apple fever' has got me..bought a 23'' cinema..need to move the others//
    e mail me.or PM if interested in the details.
    peace..ken