30GB iPod or 8GB Red Nano ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by prady16, Nov 3, 2006.

What should i do?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2006.
  1. Just accept the replacement of 30GB iPod

8 vote(s)
  2. Get the 8GB Red Nano

4 vote(s)
  3. They will not replace your 30GB iPod with the Nano

3 vote(s)
  1. prady16 macrumors 6502

Aug 24, 2006
    Right There --->
    I had given my 30 GB 5G iPod for battery check and they discovered a hard drive issue with the iPod and they have ordered a replacement for me.

I was wondering if i should stick with the 30GB iPod or got for the 8GB Red Nano? Both cost the same ($249), so i don't think they should have a problem replacing it with the red one. My music library is about 10GB, but i guess i can do with deleting some 3-4 gb songs.

I was wondering what you guys think i should do? Go with the bigger 30GB iPod or ask them to give me a smaller and sexier 8GB Red Nano?
  2. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    Hold on the iPod - you've got 10GB now but what about in a years time?

Save up and get a nano later on.
  3. TheBobcat macrumors 6502

Nov 1, 2006
    East Lansing, Michigan
    If you really need the benefits of a flash player, which is basically just its durability and the impossibility of skipping, then do it, but otherwise why trade down 22GB? Especially with the proliferation of mobile video, why trade that functionality and 22GB of storage?

If you really want something smaller that's flash, maybe for exercise or something, I would suggest just picking up a new Shuffle and keeping the 30GB iPod, then you kind of have the best of both worlds.
  4. 4God macrumors 68020

Apr 5, 2005
    My Mac
    Well put, I agree. There's no way I would trade down the storage space and future funtionality for any Nano. Keep the 30 gig and get a shuffle.
  5. prady16 thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 24, 2006
    Right There --->
    Thats a really good point. The only reason i was thinking about the nano was the form factor and that i can use it with Nike + iPod. Also, i am not sure if the store has the Red Nano already since it was released just today morning. Secondly, since they had to 'order' for a replacement i am not sure if they will let me get the nano in the first place.

Will they give me the 5G iPod or the 5.5G iPod? What do you think?
  6. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

May 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Unless you bought your iPod in the last two weeks, they will replace your iPod with the same iPod you purchased.
  7. farqueue macrumors 6502

Jun 18, 2006
  8. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

Feb 22, 2006
    East Coast, US
    Yeah. It won't come in a retail box. Basically, you'll be getting a refurb.