30GB Ipod shutting down when trying to play certain songs

Discussion in 'iPod' started by krazycamera, Sep 24, 2006.

1. krazycamera macrumors newbie

Sep 24, 2006
    Hi all
    I have the suspicion this is a software issue as I have the most recent Itunes and Ipod software update installed only recently.
    Certain tracks (Lady Sovereign's 'Random' and the Gomez song 'How We Operate', to name just two) are killing my 30gb video ipod!
    As soon as the track is selected or come apon by shuffling, the screen dies followed by a click and then whirring.
    I suspected it may have been the track so removed it, but it happens on other songs too.
    Any suggestions? Or pointers about the new software settings?
    Many thanks

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Jul 22, 2005
    Maybe it just hates Lady Sovereign and Gomez...? :p

How did you acquire these songs? From CD, iTS, or P2P sources? Sometimes P2P songs can be corrupt, rendering them unplayable. But of course you didn't download them illegally, did you... :rolleyes:

EDIT: i probably should point out that my 5th Gen works fine after software update.
  3. krazycamera thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 24, 2006
    Now doing it to different songs now I have removed the original problematic tracks.
    Its like there is some hidden message in the software that says "everytime you play Billy Connelly or Gomez, you will go to sleep" And its only certain songs.
    I had heard today that a mod to the itunes update is being rushed out. Hope this is fixed by it!

Yeah I have a mixture of legal downloads, 'other peoples back-up' tracks, CD's and DVD's on there. Its all together random. No PSP involved.
  4. krazycamera thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 24, 2006