Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2003
the world is my home
hey guys, thanks for reading this

Lately, I having problems with my iPod and its touch pad. Sometimes, the buttons don't respond. Is anyone else having this problem?

I appreciate all responses.

Ciao
Alex

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
Happens to me pretty often with the center button on my 30G iPod. Pretty annoying. Just toggle the Hold switch on and off, that usually clears it right up.

More info at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93341 although that seems to imply it only happens when you wake the iPod and turn off Hold at the same time. I never have mine on Hold (have it in a nice case which prevents touching buttons unless I really want to) but it happens fairly regularly anyway.

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Menu button on my 30 GB can be unresponsive sometimes. I just reset it and away I go. I keep forgetting to jiggle the hold switch, but I am aware that that may be the problem.

vwcruisn

macrumors regular
May 7, 2003
Santa Monica, Ca
Originally posted by bankshot
Happens to me pretty often with the center button on my 30G iPod. Pretty annoying. Just toggle the Hold switch on and off, that usually clears it right up.

More info at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93341 although that seems to imply it only happens when you wake the iPod and turn off Hold at the same time. I never have mine on Hold (have it in a nice case which prevents touching buttons unless I really want to) but it happens fairly regularly anyway.

same thing happens with mine. center button rarely works unless i toggle the hold switch. i sent it back to apple for repair and they sent it back basically telling me to live with it. Thanks apple... 500 bux and you want me to live with a broken ipod. :mad: Anyone know of anything I can do to get apple to replace this defective thing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.