30inch + monitors?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by PSS4, Sep 8, 2005.

1. PSS4 macrumors newbie

Hello
    I've got a 15" Powerbook with the video card capable of driving a 30" LCD. I was wondering if I could hook it up to a 32" LCD? Would it work at all, or just be innaccurate/ distorted? TIA

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

What is the resolution of the 32" LCD? With monitors, it actually turns out that size doesn't matter... resolution does. ;)

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I can guarantee you it will work totaly bueno. What apple means by "will support 30" cinema display" is that it will support their 30" display... the single highest resolution display commercially available. I'm sure your 32" panel will do just fine.
    Hook it up even if you're skeptical, the worst that can happen is it doesn't work.

4. PSS4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unsure as I haven't bought one yet. What should I look for in terms of resolution and powerbook compatability? In general will a consumer LCD/TV display > Sharp, Samsung etc.. work if they are under 30inches? Thanks

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Again, it's not the SIZE the matters, but the resolution... the Apple 30" display has a resolution of 2560 x 1600 (if memory serves), so as long as your TV's resolution is lower than that, there should be no problem using it. And your TV's resolution is probably something like 1366 x 768, so it should be fine.

Just realize that it's not going to look as sharp or finely-detailed as the 30" ACD... because it doesn't have the resolution.

6. PSS4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Gotcha, Thanks Very Much !

7. jamesW135 macrumors 6502a

jamesW135