30th Anniversary Mac Products?

Discussion in 'Community' started by neildmitchell, May 22, 2005.

1. neildmitchell macrumors 6502a

May 21, 2005
    1997 was the 20th Anniversary., where Apple released the Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh Code Name: Spartacus.

What type of products do you think Apple is cooking up for the 30th Anni. in 2007?

I'm guessing a tablet PC with a partnering with Wacom
    and an updated Newton, both utilizing Inkwell, iWork (with a new spreadsheet and database program), iLife, mail, iCal, iSync, airport, bluetooth, and .mac web services. ? VOIP ?

As Mr. Jobs has said in his own words, who better to develop and integrate software and hardware that works seamlessly with the Mac OS then Apple.
    (more jobs would be created, more marketshare, and more $$$ for Apple )

The reason that I am thinking that they will release either or both a tablet and a new Newton, was the feature of inkwell under OS X. I highly doubt that Apple would add a handwritting rec. program into the OS even with the failure of Newton unless they were to release a product in the future that would utilize it again.
  2. unfaded macrumors 6502

Dec 12, 2002
    Seattle, WA

...right. Next.
  3. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
  4. neildmitchell thread starter macrumors 6502a

May 21, 2005
    What if Apple and Pantone made printers together

Maybe Apple will get back into making printers, but this time with the partnership of Pantone. Confused?
    Ok, Epson has a new 5760x1440 DPI 8 color printer
    CMYK plus light version of each of CMYK
    What if Apple and Pantone partnered and made a highend 11 color ink jet printer ....​
    So CMYK plus light version of each of CMYK and three spot colors.
    Each inktank would come with its own removable/swapable print head that fits into the ink tank carriage ( what carries the ink inside the printer )
    There would also be a configurable ink menu in the printer setup in the system controls so that you can tell the printer wich slot holds what ink, or when ink placed into the printer, it tells the printer what color it is with no user action and configuration.​

and maybe some lower end models too that run CMYK plus 2 spot

Apple would be ushering in a "new" printer aimed at a more design savvy group, creating a new niche printer market. Every small business loves to save money if they can do it inhouse vs. outsourcing.

I think that would be awesome!

Designers everywhere would be running out and buying those like nobodies business!

Even the home users like crafters, kids etc would want one.
    Little jimmy can now print that day-glo green he loves!

What do you think? Apple Pantone making sweet sweet printers too far fetched?

True, 8 color printers are for digital photograpy, but designers also incorporate photography into their work.

An inkjet with swapable pantone colors would be a benifit to small business that want a professional small print run, a benifit to designers who are tight on cash that need to make a self promo (or something )that is professional and looks like they have dropped some serious dough on a print run.........

Yes, there are many great printer makers out there, who are making cash over fist. Making HUGE profits from selling replacement ink tanks.
    If Apple was to get back into making printers with a partnership with Pantone, they would make money from contracts with other companies like epson for the right to use the technology, and from printer sales and replacement injet tank sales.

This is just a brain fart that I had had, and sounded like a possible great stratigic money making opportunity for a compamy like Apple who is starting to get rather competitive in the marketplace especially now with products like Final Cut Studio ( Competing with Adobe Video bundle ) iPod ( MP3 market ) Keynote & Pages ( Competing with Microsoft Power Point and Word ) .............
  5. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    apple will release nothing lol... at the 04 macworld nothing that honored the special time really happend. :(
  6. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    Why the '04 macworld? 2007 is the 30th anniversary, no?
  7. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    1984--->2004... 20th mac thing was supposed to happen
  8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i think we have plenty of time to speculate on this still, its a bit early dontcha think?
  9. ----Bowie---- macrumors regular

Mar 29, 2004
    I think maybe a special edition iMac or something.
  10. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

Feb 22, 2003
    Reston, VA
    maybe they'll release the G5 powerbook. Sorry, someone had to say it.
  11. wozzlewoozle macrumors regular

Jan 3, 2005
    Well, let's see 2007, huh.. Must be 30th aniverssary dual-processor G6 implant. you don't want to know where you plug in your usb printer...
  12. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    no this is good, if anybody is around in 2007, people can be like BLAH ALREADY BEEN TALKED ABOUT DO A SEARCH
  13. poundsmack macrumors 6502

Apr 28, 2005
    2007 headline
    "Apple is bought out by MS." no i am kidding that would be a terrible day. though no one would see that one comming.
  14. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I think that we have so much more to look forward to in 2005, the year of HD. There will be WWDC and Paris Expo, so Steve should have surprises in store. As has happened recently a release can occur at any time.

It's so hard to predict the future. Even 2006 won't be that easy. Can always hope for a G6, Cell maybe.

No mention was even made of the 20th anniversary of the Mac 1984 - 2004. So we can't really count of anniversaries in the future either.
  15. neildmitchell thread starter macrumors 6502a

May 21, 2005
    Cell is in the works, but what about VOIP? Could Apple pull off a VOIP partnership with someone, like how Apple partnered with Earthlink and then invested $300 Mill.(or whatever amount they did) into Earthlink. I'm thinking Apple has something up their sleeve for VOIP. Maybe even a faster more robust airport system to handle VOIP. ???