Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
What are in the private forums? Treasures beyond compare... mad jew's mankini for starters. ;)

Honestly though, contribute because you'd like to financially support the site for whatever reason. The private forums and ad-free pages are just a small perk to show MacRumors' appreciation, and the private forums are what you make of them.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
If that was true, how come we are all riddled with herpes ;) :D

Remember, you're not just replying to the person who wrote the previous post. You're posting with everyone they've ever posted with before. :eek: ;) :D

I resisted this bunch for the longest time, but, when dragged in very gently kicking and screaming, I've liked it quite a bit. :eek:

Also there are granny panties there. ;)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
It'd be nice to have some idea of what's on offer for that $25 before laying it out.

Nothing is on offer in paticular (no adverts is the most obvious) - but if you need to justify $25 to help keep a site up and running- one that you can get information and help from - then you really are missing the point altogether.

You are already pretty much getting everything without contributing. If you feel what you are getting is worth the $25 then contribute - if not.... don't.

Personally I contributed without ever knowing about the ad removal or private forum, becuase I really enjoy accessing the site, and that to me more than warrants the $25 per year, which in the scheme of things is a pivling amount per annum.

Also there are granny panties there. ;)

I thought the Granny Panties were top secret :eek: I see the hand of a god coming down to strike you my friend :D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
This looks like a good deal but what are in the private forums?
It'd be nice to have some idea of what's on offer for that $25 before laying it out.
What's discussed in the private forum is up to those who participate there. If you or others become paying members to support the site, you get the small reward of being able to participate in a forum section with a dedicated subset of the membership, out of the public eye. There's no fixed agenda for discussions; it can become whatever you and others make of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.