[360] Assault Heroes on XBLA

Discussion in 'Games' started by clayj, Dec 13, 2006.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Downloaded this new game this morning... it is a HELL of a lot of fun! It's the bastard son of Geometry Wars and those old 1980s shoot-'em-up games like Time Pilot. Move with one stick, fire with the other, you have multiple upgradeable weapons (machine gun, cannon, flamethrower, missiles), there are occasional bosses which are pretty challenging. The graphics are amazingly good, considering the entire game is less than 50 MB in size. The full game costs 800 Microsoft points, but the trial version is (as always) free.

And, as a shout out to the past, the game was developed by Sierra... that's right, the King's Quest/Leisure Suit Larry folks.

Highly recommended!

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

IMHO there are way too many games using this control system on XBLA at the moment, don't get me wrong though based on your recommendation I'll download the demo as soon as I get off the computer. ;)

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

This game is one of the best arcade games I've played in a long while.

Graphically excellent and damn site better value for money than anything currently offered on the wii's virtual console.

Come on nintendo, give us original titles like this.. :)

Worth 1200 points let alone 800. most recommended.

4. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Just looked at the game over at www.assaultheroesgame.com and it definately looks like my kind of game- has a very 1942 (the airplane game) fee lto it, which is a very good thing in my opinion. I will definately be getting the demo when I get home tonight.

5. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog

looks awesome, might have to download it when i hopefully get my 360

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Thanks Clayj...I didn't know about this...I'll be downloading tonight :)

Bless