360 DNS Error

Discussion in 'Games' started by Aperture, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Hi Everyone. I got my 360 yesterday and am having tons of problems.

Let me recap:

As I stated in my old thread, the 360 is wired to my iMac so it can connect to XBL. According to this tutorial, I was supposed to give the 360 the IP address 192.168.2.1. My Linksys BEWF11S4 (V.4) router was on a different subnet, 192.168.1.***.

------------------

New Info:

I decided to try to change the subnet of the router to match that of the 360's, so now the router's IP is 192.168.2.***. So, that is working now. Now I can forward the neccessary ports needed for XBL communications to the 360 because the subnets match up.

I ran through the settings on my 360 again and now when I run the "XBL Test" it confirms the IP but fails at the DNS part. I made the Primary DNS the # I found by typing "dig" in Terminal and looking after the "SERVER:" text. I've tried everything, to no avail.

------------------

Just so you know, I've called Linksys Support 2 times, Apple 1 time, Microsoft/Xbox Support 2 times, and my ISP, Comcast, once.

Please, I am desperate to get online w/ my 360. Please, any help is appreciated!

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

3. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

Do you mean you used the IP address of the Mac or the DNS of the Mac? (Which would be the same as the Xbox, the DNS I mean)

Thanks!

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

The IP address that the xbox sees the Mac as, so 192.168.2.1 or whatever it is.

5. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

I put in the IP for both Primary & Secondary and it still failed. I have no idea whats going on here. I'm on the phone with MS right now, though. (Been on hold for 50 minutes, about to hang up)

Thanks for the tip though.:(