360 Event Coverage

Discussion in 'Games' started by Abulia, May 9, 2006.

1. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Since we have threads to capture the other manufacturers, here's a token one for Microsoft's. I believe their presentation starts in about 10 minutes.

Predictions?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Hope that they dont suck....we are 0 for 2 now.

Bless

3. Abulia thread starter macrumors 68000

Abulia

I don't know that I'd go that far (haven't seen the Nintendo one) but the 360 presentation could easily be the worst. I mean the console is out and here and now; how exciting is showing of the case of the HD-DVD add on?

Granted, there may be some Halo 3 gameplay and Gears of War, but Microsoft may have an advantage in that no one expects anything from them. :)

I'm not expecting much and I own a 360! :p

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Sony and Nintendo are purchasing MS's gaming division. Together, they will take the best features of the 3 systems and make the ultimate gaming machine: The PSWii-360

Ok, it's not going to happen. Other than some games, what else can MS introduce? It's probably too early for a price drop. I doubt they are expanding Live too much (there could be some tweaks). Maybe the HD-DVD add on, but I doubt it.

5. Abulia thread starter macrumors 68000

Abulia

One plus: supposedly the event will be streamed to the 360 in 480p/720p later off of the Marketplace!

So at least 1 out of 3 presentations I'll be able to see in high rez, courtesy of XBL! :D

6. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

I hope Infinity Ward unleashes the new maps for Call of duty 2 on xbox live today..

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

The Nintendo one rocked - 27 playable games, a perfect working controller, Zelda and Metroid on launch, Red Steel looking wicked, sports compendium, new mario, always online, Q4 release (on schedule!), and 100 new DS games by the end of the year!

MS is going to have to pull out something really special to get up - and they've got the pockets to do it! They could walk out and just hold up a wet rag and trounce the PS3 :p! Halo 3 would be a great start...

8. Abulia thread starter macrumors 68000

Abulia

So far, sales numbers. Impressive:

9. Motley macrumors 6502

Grand Theft Auto 4, ouch. That's like a sucker punch to Sony's "special place"

10. takao macrumors 68040

takao

yeah first the rather weak Sony conference and now exclusive grand theft auto 4 in oktober one month before the ps3 launches:

one word for sony: OUCH

11. Motley macrumors 6502

With the 360's decent launch and the expense of the PS3 (not to mention the super crippled cheap version of the PS3) I have to say things are looking good for the 360. Sony stumbled and MS didn't.

Note: This opinion is based on the fact I don't care about Blu-Ray, rather on games (of which the 360 could use a greater variety). Besides the PS2 was a rather crappy dvd player (though I've heard the 360 is relatively unimpressive too) how good of a Blu-Ray player will the PS3 actually be?

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yes. More reason why I think 360 will eat up the PS3 this next gen.

13. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

Can some one quote the article about the Xbox360 & Gta 4? I am at work and can't go to any game related sites :eek:

14. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

YES PLEASE!!! I'm blocked out as well on all gaming sites...people please post info!!

15. Motley macrumors 6502

The text coverage says 2007

16. Malcster macrumors 6502

Unfortunately i think its only the downloadable content thats exclusive for GTA4, game is coming out for PS3 too, a month later.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6149747.html

edit. sorry 2007 for ps3 version, looks exclusive for a while then :)

17. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Live anywhere sounds like a cool idea but I don't think I would ever use it. Especially because I have a mac, with a better operating system than Vista will probably be. I have a 360 but I was hoping for bigger announcements.

18. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

Ok i am sorry, but if you are going to mentions something new can you go into detail for those of us that are at work :D

19. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Live Anywhere is a new system set up by microsoft that allows you to play games with people on either a computer with vista or a cell phone. Example, you can start a game of zuma on your 360 and then continue it on your cell phone. Or play against people who are on a computer. At least that's what I got out of it. If there is more that I am not getting excited about, tell me, then maybe I will get a little excited.

20. Motley macrumors 6502

Then you didn't hear about the VR add-on for 360?

It's awesome!:D

21. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Sounds like GTA4 will come out on the 360 and PS3 AT THE SAME TIME....Just as the new FF will come out for sony 1st.

Ok Guys...Xbox360 is the clear winner of the conference...they did it big!

Bless

22. turbopants macrumors regular

Microsoft has good sales numbers so far, and with GTA IV and an upcoming Halo game, the have some killer apps that sell systems. If they get a price reduction for the system before the PS3 comes out, they could be doing quite well.

23. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Grar. I honestly hoped Microsoft would get knocked out of the console war this generation and we could have a good Sony vs Nintendo round (maybe an evenly split market, or at least close).

3 console manufacturers (especially with ultra similar products like PS3 and 360) is just too splintered a market IMHO. I miss the Sega vs Nintendo and Sony vs Nintendo days.

However, Sony shot themselves in the foot with the pricing, and Microsoft had a better conference and is having good sales.

24. Symtex macrumors 6502a

Why not Microsoft vs Nintendo ? I think the X360 is a great platform. Why knocking MS ? They have provided healthy competition for the gaming industry. I don't think games would be that mainstream if it wasn't for microsoft.

*edited for syntax

25. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Are you sure of this...because by the time the PS1 hit the market it was already mainstream....think hard about that.

Bless