360 Fight Night Round 3 Demo

Discussion in 'Games' started by kuyu, Jan 6, 2006.

1. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

In case anyone missed this little gem in the Live Marketplace, EA has uploaded a demo for the new boxing title, slated to arrive Q4 of this year. The graphics and gameplay are amazing. Everyone remember the PS3 demo from e3? This looks that good, if not better.

The "ripple & blood" effect during a knockdown punch are very cool. EA also makes great use of lighting to give the game a really gritty feel. Download it, you won't be dissapointed.

As a note to those who don't own a 360, there are lots of demos available in the marketplace. These include Madden 06, NBA Live 06, Fight Night, Kameo, Condemned, Quake 4, plus all the arcade titles (which are usually the full game sans saving and scoreboards).

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Q4? Everything I've seen says Fight Night will be out next month.

From IGN: Created by EA's Chicago Studio, Fight Night Round 3 is due to hit Xbox 360, Xbox, and PS2 February 21. We'll have more impressions and media soon.

But yeah, this looks pretty freakin' sweet... I'm not a boxing fan, but I still may get this just for the eye candy.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

i havent seen it yet but based on fight night 1 and 2 this will be a must have. its always fun to knock someone out and watch as their feet wiggle when they fall:p

Bless

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

played it, it was dire on the gameplay front, once you get to a certain skill level you don't get much better, games go roughly like this between two people: 1) punch 2) lean back 2) punch 1) lean back repeat. seriously, occasionally you lay a blow but if your skilled enough it's near impossible to KO you.

5. Barham macrumors regular

Hector, I played this demo for an hour last night. I love it. It's so much more like real boxing this time around. Like you said, if you're skilled enough , you wont get knocked out. Also, try playing as both Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr. The differences are really big now. Before, style didn't make much difference, but now, you have to play differently depending on your style. I would also assume that the demo is on either "easy mode" or possibly "medium" veterans know that the computer on hard mode, is still nothing to a real opponent that knows how to play the game.

My favorite feature is that a hard haymaker (which is actually called something else this year) really takes a delay and some timing, instead of a simple parry. If you're not parrying a big shot, you can't throw a monster punch. You have to choose your shots more.

In short, I'm buying it. I also suggest that anyone with a 360 download it as well.

6. ij3ffy macrumors newbie

Sounds very cool, where is this market place? How do I get to it? I just got my xbox 360 last week, I haven't done anything but play Need for Speed MW and Call of Duty 2. Is the marketplace somewhere you get to from the dashboard? or do you need Xbox Live? Yeah I'm a noob on the xbox 360. Deal with it.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

You need xbox live otherwise you can't download.... Xbox live Silver membership is automatically yours and when you sign up they give you 1 months gold membership.

Differences? Gold allows you to play online titles with others, Silver allows you to Download stuff as this allows microsoft to make more money :D

Xbox MarketPlace is on your dashboard. Once you've signed up for Live and are online obviously, click on market place and from there you can download, demos and trailers for FREE... Themes and gamerpictures to customise your dashboard are there for 120points (about $1).

However the idea of customising with a premade Dashboard doesn't seem like customising to me...

Also you can go to Xbox Live Arcade. On there are a number of 'budget' games (800 points $10).. The best on there is the full version of Geometry Wars (Demo available on Project Gotham Racing 3); Marble Blast Ultra is meant to be released this month on Live Arcade and looks good too.

You can try all those games before you buy so if you don't like it you don't have to pay.

Fight Night is on the market place it's around 500 Mb.. So even with broadband it's probably going to take a while to download.

Hope that clears things up 4 you....

8. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Ok, I was really not that impressed by 360's graphics, but this demo blew me away. The gameplay is pretty good, but its the graphics that are the point here. It gives me hope for the 360. I bought the system and love it, but I wanted to see more of what it could do, this confirmed my decision to get it, along with perfect dark multiplayer:p

9. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Oooh. Must download tonight! How does it look in HD?

Also, Quake 4 demo? Yummie. Missed that one, too! :)

10. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i played four games against a friend then one against the ai and beat the crap out of him, we swapped characters two rounds each with each, still drew on all but the first round where i kicked his ass.

11. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

The sweat, the cloth movement, the blood, the ripple, the graininess.

the game is a visual orgy

12. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Couldn't have said it better myself

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Confusion?? Release date.....

A lot of websites are posting the release date as Feb 06...

However in the demo they state Winter 06....

Which is right I wonder?

Going on some of the visual bugs they have to work out (like clipping - I punched the heart out of my opponent in a replay, and pop in - sometimes in replays, they start and then a second or two later the fighters appear, and not forgetting spasms - sometimes landing on the floor the bodys spasm all over the place becasue they are stuck in the scenery - falling against ropes and being stuck rigid just looks daft..) I'd say November 06.... But then it makes the demo very early... I'm :confused: :confused: :confused:

Great demo, those aspects do detract from it though..

Here's hoping they are ironed out for feburary, cos 11 months is too long to wait for this title :D

14. Symtex macrumors 6502a

As far as I remember Feburary 2006 is in Winter 2006. Springs doesn't come before March 20-21st.

15. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Technically, February 2006 is in the winter, in the year 2006. There's more winter at the beginning of the year (3 months less 10 days) than at the end of the year (10 days).

All in the Northern Hemisphere, of course.

16. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Holy @%@%!!!

I downloaded and played this demo this weekend. Lots of fun. Then my friends came over.

We played the demo against each over for at least an hour. If we didn't already have plans we would have played the demo all night! This game is amazing against another (human) player! My friends (non-Xbox owners) were floored by the 360's graphics as well as the tight gameplay. They loved the announcer!

None of us like boxing. All of us agreed that we should pitch in and pickup this when it comes out! If this game has a "create your own boxer" career mode and any kind of online play I'll preorder it today!

People say the 360 isn't next gen? Please... :eek: