[360] Fight Night Round 3

Discussion in 'Games' started by Abulia, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

You've played the demo and now own the game? Let's fight! :D

I picked mine up today and have only had a chance to read through the manual. However, it would be interesting to perhaps form our own MacRumors Boxing League! ;) Anyone interested?

Tonight I start the career mode of Steve "Mac Daddy" Jobs!* ;)

* kidding. have no idea what to make for career mode yet

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Not FAIR :( Europe Release not till 17/24 March...

With too many games released in March... The Outfit, Ghost Recon, FarCry, BurnOut Revenge, ElderScrolls 3 - it looks like I'm gonna have to leave it....

3. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I bought my copy today... I thought the demo was pretty good, and the graphics are AMAZINGLY beautiful (considering they're showing a bunch of sweaty, bleeding boxers).

Lemme get some practice in and then I'll be ready for some online play. :)

4. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Oh man I can't wait to get a hold of a copy.... maybe I will go after my last class today... who am I crappin' I'm definitely going to get it after class

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I will end up getting this game by weeks end. I keep buying games and don't finish the ones I bought before. I just barely finished Call of Duty, and I have had that for over a month. Still gotta finish Perfect Dark, Need for Speed (if that will ever happen, it is getting really hard), Kameo, Project Gotham. Maybe i should hold out on getting Fight Night until I can trade in some of these and get some credit. I don't trade in many games, I like keeping a collection so that i have a variety of stuff to choose from.

The demo for this game is ridiculous, when ever people come over they always want to play that.

6. Uma888 macrumors 6502

Ill see you in the ring, once it launches over here in the UK

7. Abulia thread starter macrumors 68000

Abulia

Played for three hours last night. :eek:

This game is pretty crazy great! Fighting your way through career mode is a lot of fun, but a bit too easy in the beginning. Money is hard to come by, and training helps improve your boxer a LOT. The mini-games are cute, but its the action in the ring that's where it's at, obviously.

I'm still getting used to the total control boxing w/ the right thumbstick, and at times it's hard to pull off the maneuver you want without bringing up the Dashboard accidently. :)

So far, Preston "The Diesel" Demill is 8-1 in his bouts and a perfect 3-0 after winning the amateur lightweight belt. The Diesel is known for his awesome truck-like power and ability to move in the ring. So far no fight has lasted more than five rounds -- the Diesel runs over the competition! :D

Beautiful game and I'm having a lot of fun. I've *no* interest in boxing, so that says a lot about the game right there!

8. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Bought the game last night and it's been hard to put it down... I'm not sure of my record but I've only lost once. I don't use the total fight control stick, I prefer using the buttons.

Wish my XBL worked at my school...stupid bandwith issues and all that technical stuff restrict me from such things

9. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I haven't lost a bout yet (had one vs. Roy Jones Jr. end in a draw)... earned the Under Armour achievement last night after playing for about 4 hours straight. The matches DO get tougher as you move up into different classes.

This game is a blast. (Oh, you really do need to learn the total fighting control... the buttons give you very limited options as far as throwing punches.)

10. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Stop saying how awesome this game is, makes it hard for me to hold off until I finish the games I already have.

11. Abulia thread starter macrumors 68000

Abulia

I'm a little further, about halfway to the Dodge sponsored event when I hit a "custom" player named Garcia. Had custom shorts, covered in tatoos, the announcer knew his full name, etc. Even though I had a 10% lead in every stat, it wasn't even close.

Preston "The Diesel" Demill goes down in a knockout in the 6th round! :eek:

Actually, I'm surprised I lasted that long! This guy was FAST. Holy cow! I'd swing, miss, and get plastered. I won 1 round and started mounting quite the comeback in the 6th; I nailed him w/ 2 haymakers (I had nothing to lose) and slowed him down, but couldn't protect myself from his continual onslaught!

The Diesel is something like 7-1 7KO now, but this next title belt is going to be a real pain in the rear!

Great game! :D