360 Game Decision Help

Discussion in 'Games' started by greatdevourer, Jan 27, 2006.

1. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2005
    Can anyone help me with this? I can't decide which FPS to get. Do I get Perfect Dark Zero or Call Of Duty 2. People who already have the games, speak up now
  2. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    Had both since launch.

COD has better single player campaign.

PD0 has better multiplayer as it suffers less lag, I love the 32 player infection matches.

Perfect Dark seems to be love/hate though, whereas nearly everyone agrees COD is good/great, so COD would be the 'safer' gamble if you can only get 1.
  3. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

Mar 7, 2004
    OK, USA
    If you really care for XBL, COD2 online is horrible. WAIT for Ghost Recon: AF.

PD0 online is great.
  4. TheGimp macrumors 6502

Jun 14, 2004
    anywhere, usa
    If you go to gamefaqs.com, you'll find more threads with the exact same topic than you'll know what to do with, but I'd say:

Get PDZ if multiplayer action is your priority OR
    Get COD2 if you prioritize a longer lasting and overall more satisfyingly brutal single player experience.

However, if you have a friend (either local or one owning a 360) who enjoys single player FPS games, then I recommend PDZ unqualifiedly over COD2. Its single player campaign can be played in co-op mode (where one of you plays the main character and the other plays the character usually controlled by the AI) either split-screen or over xbox live, and is HELLA fun!!! I mean, I had so much fun playing the PDZ co-op campaign that it caused me to rate PDZ a 9.8/10 (which looking back was an exaggeration), but that gives you and idea how much fun it was.
    The PDZ multiplayer game is not only slick online, but you can play multiplayer maps offline with just you and the 'bots', which can be made almost as easy or as challenging as you want.

Both games are really so good, that the choice will probably come down to whether you prefer WWII military squad based action or PDZ's more James Bond/007 fantasy type action (i.e. hovercrafts and jetpacks, stealth missions, etc).

One last note: COD2 multiplayer only supports up to 4 players (either on 1 team or total, can't remember which). PDZ multi supports up to 32 which, especially considering the inevitable mid-game player disconnects, really helps with the online fun-factor.

I definitely do NOT recommend buying Quake 4 as your first and/or only FPS for the 360. Only get that as a rental, or buy it later if you have money to spare, once you get bored or need a break from the above two FPS games.

Have fun!

5. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

Nov 19, 2003
    Like others have said, PDZ for multiplayer and COD2 for campaign...don't think we'll have an amazing 360 FPS until Halo 3...whenever that's coming :confused:
  6. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    Prey looks like it could be interesting and that Time game.. Whatever it's called.
  7. Abulia macrumors 68000

Jun 22, 2004
    Kushiel's Scion
    Agree with everything said. Only change, there is a patch for CoD2 in the works that is intented to improve online play. If that happens CoD2 could answer all your prayers. :)

I own both and love both games. My friends and I enjoy co-op on PDZ, though. Shame CoD2 doesn't have this.