360 Game suggestion

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jasonbot, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

So I'm going to get a game really soon. I have narrowed it down to Lost Planet or Rainbow 6 Vegas.

Just some questions:

Hows the gameplay in LP? I heard the smoke effects are cool. Is it like Halo?

Is rainbow 6 like GRAW, I really loved GRAW. But IDK if R6 will be the same.

I'm also up for some suggestions, anything else that could be fun, please advise me. Thanks!

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I'm in a similar situation (as in I need 360 game suggestions) but don't want to make a new thread... so, sorry I can't help you Jasonbot, I'm just tagging along to get some recommendations for myself. :p

I got a 360 two days ago along with Gears of War to play with friends back home, which has been fun but has reminded me why I dislike shooters on consoles so much—so hard to aim! Give me a mouse and keyboard any day. I'm more interested in knowing what the 360 has in other genres like adventure or RPGs. I hear Blue Dragon (RPG from the same dream team that did Chrono Trigger back in the day) is getting excellent reviews in Japan, any word on if/when it'll come out here? I'm also interested in Assassin's Creed, but that's not out until March as I recall. Anything else good to tide me over in the meantime?

3. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

It's a tough choice. I have both. I would say, R6 hands down. Being able to play co-op, and versus on Live is a major bonus. if you dont have Live however. The longevity alone makes it worth it. However, I've never heard a video game swear as much as Vegas, so you may wan't to take that into consideration. Think every word in the book, and it's in Vegas.

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I just shoot the baddies before they can get a word in... ;)

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Pretty sure the good guys swear just as much in R6.

I got a 360 about a month ago. If you have live and the hard-drive then you can download demos of most games and give them a try. I like this feature alot, gives me an idea of gameplay before i spend $60.

I own Gears of War, Table Tennis, PGR3, and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. My next purchase will be Crackdown because I enjoyed playing the demo and if you buy it when it is released you get access to the Halo 3 demo.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If you liked GRAW. You will really like R6 Vegas.

7. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

It's not hard to aim with a controller, you just have to practice. :p

Anyways, Vegas is an awesome game. I'd definitely grab that. Lost Planet is also cool but would take more getting used to for you.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

R6 is great....one of the best FPS on the system with a beautiful cover and shot system...I've killed a lot of fools with blind shot:)

I agree about LP: Extreme Condition...if you are into mindless shooting of aliens in a cold world then this is for you.

Bless

9. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

So LP is really Halo, in the cold.

Well right trhis moment I got R6 for my brothers birthday tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to play that. one question: Is co-op in R6 hampered like it is in GRAW (no cover...)

I actually prefer the tactics in GRAW, hitman and maybe even a little in GoW so If LP is al killing aliens with minimal plot then I guess I'll just wait for something better.

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^The Story of LP is a little out there but the gameplay is fun and multiplayer is fun as well...oh and the VS are cool. The boss fights are huge and entertaining...well I only played the 1st level so far.

Bless

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

R6 is all about cover. Both it & GRAW are my favourite 360 shooters and yes like you I prefer he tactical, ones too more than frag fests like COD or GOW

However I also have Lst Planet and I'm enjoying it a lot, but R6 is still better.

12. LastLine macrumors 65816

R6:V - plays like GRAW but a bit more stealthy. Magic.

13. thegreatunknown macrumors regular

Lost Planet is great. It mixes platformer, shooter, and adventure in one (well at least the single player part of it). Currently also can't put down Viva Pinata, trying to beat Table Tennis, and back into trying to beat the gold level on PGR3.

Off topic... for the future I'm interested in Blue Dragon, Guitar Hero II, and Shadowrun. All three sound great...

14. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

want stealth: try Hitman, I love it fr the stealth. You just walk all around your victims and they stare @ you blankly!

I have decided to get a logitech G5 for my imac instead of an xbox game. I'll wait for GRAWII and the darkness as my next game purchases. Maybe mas effect will appeal, who knows.

15. robPOD macrumors 6502

GOW is my favourite 360 game, Nba 2k7 isnt that bad either

16. pcypert macrumors 6502

To the OP I'd go with Vegas first.

To the second poster there's some out there and fun games on teh 360. I'm loving Viva Pinata and Kameo right now. Also loving some older Xbox games I missed out on.

Finally got a copy of Fifa that was the right region so I could stop playing Japanese Winning 11 and I'm loving it.

Paul