[360] Half-Life 2 & Team Fortress 2 confirmed...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Haoshiro, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/718/718515p1.html

Valve finally officially confirmed Team Fortress 2 as well as the release of Half-Life 2 for Xbox 360.

It looks like the 360 version will include:
    - Half-Life 2
    - Half-Life 2: Episode One
    - Half-Life 2: Episode Two
    - Team Fortress 2

Mention is made that it would come with all currently released HL2 content, so possibly HL2 Deathmatch as well.

Sounds like a good package, moreso since I never did buy the Xbox version nor Ep1.

2. smwatson macrumors 6502a

smwatson

Counter Strike : Source is by far the highlight of the recent Steam apps. Without it, once you've finished HL:2 (doesnt take long) then its over :rolleyes: CSS is the best thing iv ever played, unfortunately I have to use a PC :p

3. JackSYi macrumors 6502a

4. Haoshiro thread starter macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I love the new art direction. I'm so sick of all the games trying to be "ultra realistic" these days.

I was just thinking how cool it would be to have an RPG (or MMORPG) that had a cartoon/comic art direction like this comic strip.

I just think that graphics are getting so good that, after the initial "wow factor", it ends up being distracting... because it's obviously not real enough. That fact starts to become more distracting then immersing. Not to mention games with "realistic" graphics almost always have a very "serious" tone that can make it less fun (at least to me).

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I sinserely hope you're being sarcastic.

Anywho. Big problem here is no mouse. Sorry Valve! Oh and my PC pumps out a higher resolution :) though it is great getting such an awesome game further out into the field. I just worry if they put PC players up against 360 players, some people out there are lightning fast.

6. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I am VERY excited by this news! Everyone talks about how amazing Half Life 2 is and I can never play it because I have a mac. I didn't want to play the Xbox version because I heard it was disappointing compared to the PC version so I will definitely get this when it comes out for 360! And I just joined Xbox Live so I can play on line finally!

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Should be cool. 1920x1080i HL2 & chapter 1 & 2 on my 8'x5' screen.... SWEEEEEET :D Seriously played HL2 on my pc at 1680x1050 and it was psyche, but on a massive projector screen it's gonna be awesome :)

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

this makes me want a 360. i grew up on FPS games and still have an aching for them every now and then.

9. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Dont worry Jimmi, I'm sure they'll add Mouse support. :) Its quite simple since its USB.

I love Half-Life 2, I have it for the PC, and recently I just picked it up for the Xbox 9 dollars brand new and sealed. :D

I dont know why the price plummeted so fast, it was 50 dollars a few months ago. o.o

10. Haoshiro thread starter macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I'd prefer getting a trackball gamepad personally... there is one in development for PS2, I hope the 360 gets one too.

11. JamSoft macrumors member

JamSoft

Delayed?

IGN just posted an interview with the team behind Portal:

"Valve showcased a first-person game concept that will ship independently on PC and as part of a package on Xbox 360 and PS3 next year." — Source

HUH? Maybe I'm missing something, but I was under the impression that everything would be simultaneously released Q4 '06, and that the. . .

PC Package Included:
    — Episode 2
    — Portal
    — Team Fortress
    — Counter Strike

Xbox 360 / PS3 Package Included:
    — Episodes 1 & 2
    — Portal
    — Team Fortress

Since when did Portal become a separate package for the PC? Most importantly, when did Portal/Episode 2 get delayed until 2007?

12. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

13. n8236 macrumors 65816

Since I installed Boot Camp on my mbp, i've so far played:

Prey (smooth and fun w/ medium graphic) - very playable
    Oblivion (quite intensive, usually in the mid 20s fps) - playable
    Civ4 (very smooth and fun if u like turn based games) - very playable

Currently playing CS Source and i'm using 10:9 wide ratio w/ highest rez of 1240x780 or something like that. Maxed graphics for models, but min on terrain and no AA of that sort and it looks quite good. Getting anything from 30-120 depending on how much is going on. It doesn't dip below 30 often, except when it's really intense. I play on a server which serves 32 players (16 each side). I avg about 60fps.

Btw, i have the gpu oc'ed to 430/430 and stable as a rock. Despite all the heat claims, it's definitely not true and the fps gain has been about 30%. I have not noticed the machine getting hotter than it is now, though the gpu fan does come on earlier.