360 help

Discussion in 'Games' started by theman5725, Dec 28, 2006.

1. theman5725 macrumors 6502

I have had my Xbox 360 for about a year now, and I'm getting the "three red lights flash on the ring of light problem". I have already checked Microsofts support section , which really wasn't of much help, and the only option I can think of is sending it back for repair. I really don't feel like doing this and waiting 2 weeks before I can enjoy my 360, so I'm asking here if anybody has ever had this problem before, and if they had done something to fix it. I know this is a Mac forum, but there are a good number of 360 owners here, so I'll take a shot here before going anywhere else.

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

It's dead.

Main board thingy as far as I remember, send it back, you'll prolly get it replaced rather than repaired.

3. stagecustom macrumors regular

hmm, i would say send it in. Or try hitting it like some have done successfully on this forum or other online sites. I just called them because the infamous screen freezing is back. i got mine replaced like 8 months ago and now its back. SO when i was talking to the guy, he was like all stressed cause he said a huge number of ppl were calling about the red circle or w.e

all i know is im PISSED that i have to send mine back and not get to enjoy the holidays with my friends who are home from uni playing GOW!
    Honestly SEND it back bite the bullet. its free, and most likely your warranty will be finished in a month or so.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If you have a reciept, you can always take back to the store and get it replaced there instead of sending back to M$. (If the store allows you to do that).

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

IF the store allows it then try your luck but if that don't work then wait out the storm....I know I rather wait than to have none.

Bless

6. stagecustom macrumors regular

ya agreed. I think most stores have their OWN warranty that is like 30 days then you can pay for longer, and that allows you to walk in and get a new one right away. i should have done that. microsoft takes about 7 business days from the time you ship it to receive you new one. about 2 days to get the box to send it in. similar to apple. BUT with worse customer service.

7. theman5725 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm... I guess I'll try hitting it but if that doesn't work I'll send it back. :/

I'm just pissed cause this is the 2nd time this has happened, and I got Gears of War for christmas and haven't been able to enjoy it yet. :(