[360] NHL: 07 vs 2k7

Discussion in 'Games' started by yg17, Oct 5, 2006.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

So, which one is better? I'm going to buy either of them tomorrow, but I can't decide. I've read reviews, and it seems like EA's game has a slight edge, but has really terrible Live modes.

2. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Haven't played either (don't have a 360 - and won't till I can get one with HDDVD Drive for <$200), but historically I prefer 2k series for hockey.

3. Symtex macrumors 6502a

how is your hockey knowledge ? If you are only looking for a fun offline multiplayer hockey game to play with your drunk buddies, then EA hockey is for you. Otherwise go 2k7

4. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

2k series hands down - I have bought it very year for the last 3 years and easily just more fun...hll the fighting, enforcer/intimidated mode, mini games, even the dynasty is amazing.

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I prefer NHL 07 only because the right stick for shooting is the best thing ever. The graphics blow the crap outta 2K7 but the goalies let in some lame ass goals, like super lame in NHL 07.

6. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Having played both I can say, hands down, that I much prefer NHL2k7. While the right stick shoting was pretty cool in NHL 07, absolutely nothing else about that game impressed me. It played way too slow for my tastes, the controls were awkward, it didn't play realistically, and I just didn't have any fun with it. NHL2k7 plays fast as hell, is super customizable ( I turn the sliders all the way up on goalie defense and speed and it gets crazy!), has a ton more options, especially online, plays a ton more realistically, and I just had a ton of fun playing it. I also think the graphics are pretty damn good on 2k7 as well, and I really like the new camera angles.

7. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I think there is a demo of each on the marketplace, try both out and see which one you like better.

8. bluedevil14 macrumors regular

bluedevil14

ive always like EA's hockey titles better, and the graphics blow 2k7 away.
    plus OVECHKIN:D is on the cover so i pretty much had to get it