[360] Over G Fighters Out Today

Discussion in 'Games' started by clayj, Jun 27, 2006.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I'm thinking of picking this one up... anyone already have it? If so, your opinions, please?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It's an Anime midgit wrestlting game staring OverG. He's a witty sarcastic midgit trying to make his way through this crazy world, but he's haunted by Sir RoCo. An over the top demon who has escaped hell and wants to take over the world. Only OverG can stop him and save humanity.......

Or it could be a copy of Ace Combat, but what do I know :D :D :D

4. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Looks beautiful. Never heard of it before.

Where would you guys put it on the on the Sim VS Arcader scale?

[Arcade <-o-o-o-o-o-|-o-o-o-o-o-> Sim]

It's advertised as a Sim but sometimes they have to simplify the commands a lot to make it controller friendly.

At the Arcade end of the spectrum I'd put games like Crimsom Skies and at the Sim end of the spectrum I'd put games like Microsoft Flight Simulator. The arcade ones are the ones where you can "bounce" head on on the mountains with only a few bumps ^_^

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The game looks sweet....not my type of game though...let me know if its more on the arcade side(then it will be up my alley)

Bless

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah after the greatness of crimson skies, the utter crappness of blazing angels, i'm hoping this wil turn out to be good, but I'm dubious that it's managed to sneak onto retail without ANY reviews period. Usually a sign of a turd.

7. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'll wait on Gamespot and IGN...there reviews are on point most of the time.

Bless

10. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I'm pretty sure it is lacking in reviews because it is an old game that was a japanese (launch?) title that is just now coming to the US under a new name.

I recall the reviews of the import a long time ago saying it was mediocre at best.

11. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

anyone had a chance to play it yet. Looks to good to be crap.

12. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

I'm sure it's like every other 360 game.

Pretty but boring after 10 minutes.

13. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Now… that was uncalled for, non-constructive, biased and subjective. :p

Let's not turn every thread into console wars.

As for the game. I'll probably try renting it and see if it's any good. It doesn't look like the kind of game I would want paying full price for.

14. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

I will bet the non-existant Nintendo Wii is a lot better. Please let me know when you get it in 2007. Then you will have to make fun of he the even newer even better xbox. ;) ;) ;)

I'm just messing with you. I think the 360 games are just as good as the old xbox and current ps2 games.

15. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

As srobert says - not really needed was it? Next time you feel the need to reply in such a way ask yourself three times "Am I bringing something constructive to the thread?". If the answer is no, like your post, then don't bother replying and move onto another thread.

Unless you've played every 360 game available?:p

Back OT...

I'll be interested in Over G when some better reviews are available. Like MacRumorUser I'm disappointed in Blazing Angels (such a shame as I'd love a decent game with Spitfires!) so this could be a saving grace?

Wasn't there supposted to be Afterburner coming out on the 360 at some point?

16. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I'm wondering, has everyone actually played the retail Blazing Angels? I played the demo and was very unimpressed, but thought it might have just been a bad demo...

17. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

Actually, I have owned four xbox 360's and have used all of them, and sold all of them, and I have played every single game with the exception of Kameo and MLB 2k6.

The first 3 were for sales, the fourth was to keep. I couldn't keep the fourth because all of the games simply were not fun. Table tennis was good, but it got old extremely fast!

So yes, I have a valid perspective. Virtually all Xbox 360 games are horrible. (PGR3 was fun...but not worth the console purchase of 400+, oblivion was a PC port)

18. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

I owned it. It was fun...for a short time. The multiplayer was soooo boring and repetitive. The 1st player gaming leaves something to be desired....could it be that the game has no other scenario than than "take pictures" or "shoot enemies"?????

19. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Well then, feel free to stick around and keep sharing your much appreciated insights with us all. There are hundreds of thousands of us out there that actually like our 360s. Something must be really wrong with us. Maybe prolonged contact to your fountain of wisdom will cure us of our misplaced sense of joy once and for all. ;)

20. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

This isn't a console war. I'm only stating my personal opinion based on my experience with the system. I am totally unimpressed with the game line-up, and out of probability, this game will be bad. (IMOP). I enjoy legendary games like tetris, zelda, Half life 2, mario, Madden Football, GTA. The 360 lacks anything good related to those games. No puzzle games, no madden (yet), no HL2, no mario or zelda (duh!), no GTA type games (godfather was aweful).

He was asking for insight on the game, opinionated. My opinion is valid here, as is yours, but again , I repeat, let us not turn this into a console war.

21. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Then your opinion is valid... but you have to admit your first reply was short and pointless with no flesh on its skeleton to why Over G sucks. If you have played it and have a full opinion why not take the time to explain why its a bad game? God knows a lot of us would like more info on it.

But you're dead on that this doesn't need to become yet another bait-fest for console flamers. And as a complete off topic side bar - what DS Lite games have you got/are worth getting? I get my DS Lite on Friday, and want to know what to get and what to avoid. Feel free to PM me rather than take this thread off topic.

And once again back OT:D

Anyone got any decent screen shots of Over G? everthing I've seen so far looks like development shots. Either that or its the worse rendered sea evar...

22. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I REALLY need a game for the 360 -- NCAA Football 07 can't come soon enough (July 18th is far too long)

23. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I myself am very curious about Chrome Hounds.

I'm a big Armored Core (PS2) fan and this game kinda look similar. It figures… it's from the same developer. I think the last few titles of the Armored Core series were not innovative enough. Let's home that the new franchise brings something new. I'm glad to see FromSoftware is also developing for the 360.

_

Still no volunteer brave enough to take a bullet for the team and try Over G? :)

Attached Files:

24. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

If its anything like the MechWarrior series, I may well have to get Chrome Hounds!

25. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Chrome hounds looks so so. The mechs look great, BUT.... the landscapes look very very bland....