360 Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by Cromulent, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Well I thought I'd ask here first before braving the xbox.com forums. My Xbox 360 has recently stopped being able to read the CoD3 disc. Nothing has changed, the disc is still in perfect condition one minute it worked the next it didn't. Does anyone have an idea of what is going on?

My other games work fine.

2. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Take a soft cloth and wipe the bottom of the Disc. I know sometimes I wil put in DVD's and games and it will have a hard time loading it. I pull the disc out and there is a finger print on it.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The chances are it's the disc.

Activision had terrible trouble with COD2 disc, with hundreds of them actually physically breaking in peoples machines.

The breaks or bubbling occurs on the inside of the disc around the inner rim and then tends to expand outwards.

Whatever manufacturing plant is doing them needs to be shot.

Problem is Activision charge £12 / $20 for a replacement disc if it's more than 3 months old, so you should in theory get a free replacement as the game has not been out that long, but it can take weeks for them to ship a replacement.

Best bet would be to take it back to the store and exchange it. Tell them you were onto Activision and they say the disc is faulty. :)

4. Cromulent thread starter macrumors 603

Cromulent

I really hope it is not that, I got the game from Play Asia so getting a replacement would be a complete pain.

5. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Is the side of the disc nicked. B/c that renders disc completely unreadable and is hard to notice...

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

This happen to me when I was playing WWE but all I did was kick it down the stairs and it started working:eek:

Bless