360 REFUSES to find IP Address

Discussion in 'Games' started by Scootie Puff Jr, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Scootie Puff Jr macrumors newbie

I am totally frustrated! :mad: I have been trying for a week to get my 360 onto xbox live but failed repeatedly. Here is my set up. I have the 360 hooked into a Netgear FS605 ethernet switch. The only other thing on the switch is my AirPort Express. My cable internet connection is flowing fine to the AirPort as I have a great wireless signal coming from that. Every time I try to get the Xbox to log into Xbox Live I just get a 'failed' message about finding the IP Address.

I am at the end of my rope.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. rccola70 macrumors regular

Maybe there's MAC address authentication? try turning that off

3. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I saw the documentation for the switch you have(netgearfs605) and it looks to be having issues with assignments between your airport and anything else. You may have already tried this but make sure the routing tables are different for what the airport is assigning and what the switch is doing (for example have the switch assign 10.0.0.x and the airport express assign 192.169.1.x). My suggestion (if feasible) sell the airport express and use the fs605 as a doorstop and get a netgear wgr614 and then your setup will go something like this:
    cable modem->netgearwgr614->xbox ... (wireless to your mac)

that is my setup and it was amazingly easy and I bought my router about 2 years ago when it was $80 now its about $45

http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/GWirelessRouters/WGR614.aspx