Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netjack

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Are there any 360 degree rotating cases out yet for the new Ipad?

For the 2, the only 2 I could find was the Targus VersaVue and the Deft Detour 360 (which seems to win hands down; see reviews below):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-XGg8g2_EY

http://www.ipadaccessories.com/ipad-2-cases/deft-detour-360-ipad-2-case/

I'm just not a fan of its orthodox leather lock.

Are there any new options out for the new Ipad that allows for both vertical and horizontal standing?

I have the Targus Versavue 360 on both my iPad 2 and 3. I wouldn't go with any other case...but that's just me...

netjack

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
I have the Targus Versavue 360 on both my iPad 2 and 3. I wouldn't go with any other case...but that's just me...

2 q's - any issues with the magnet and how long for the stink to disappear?

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
2 q's - any issues with the magnet and how long for the stink to disappear?

The first Versavue I purchased didn't have the magnet...I really didn't want it because every time my previous case (with magnets) shifted around in my bag, the iPad would click on an off.

I've only had the new Versavue since yesterday evening so I haven't yet tried out the magnet...Will report back once I do...The magnet for me is, frankly, a non-issue...I would rather have a case without it...

By the way, the Versavue I purchased yesterday evening specifically says "For iPad Third Generation" on the box...

aucuba11527

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
The first Versavue I purchased didn't have the magnet...I really didn't want it because every time my previous case (with magnets) shifted around in my bag, the iPad would click on an off.

I've only had the new Versavue since yesterday evening so I haven't yet tried out the magnet...Will report back once I do...The magnet for me is, frankly, a non-issue...I would rather have a case without it...

By the way, the Versavue I purchased yesterday evening specifically says "For iPad Third Generation" on the box...

I bought the versavu yesterday and as you say it states quite clearly "magnetic on/off and for iPad 3rd generation". My first versa and I really like it but .... magnetic on/off does not work. Other threads show the same problem. Contacting Targus really only resulted in a "we are aware of some problems and are working on a solution"

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
I bought the versavu yesterday and as you say it states quite clearly "magnetic on/off and for iPad 3rd generation". My first versa and I really like it but .... magnetic on/off does not work. Other threads show the same problem. Contacting Targus really only resulted in a "we are aware of some problems and are working on a solution"

Just checked it out...Magnet on/off does not work...

Frankly, after the problems I had with my previous (non-Versavue) case with magnets, I'm not sure this is an issue for me...

I'll contact Targus anyway just to stay in the loop...

netjack

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
sorry for the n00b question but how would one know if it did work? what is suppose to happen?

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
sorry for the n00b question but how would one know if it did work? what is suppose to happen?

It's a good question...no worries...

If the magnets are working properly, when you open the cover, the iPad is supposed to "come to life" (i.e. the screen comes on)...

mambogrl

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2012
SlateShield is coming out with a 360 case for the new iPad. Should be avail. by end of April. http://www.slateshield.com. It has a built-in stand that lets you hold or stand it vertically or horizontally and comfortable hand strap. I have the iPad 2 version and like it.

Usf09

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2012
Haven't tried it yet, but MoKo has rotating cases on amazon now for ~$16...lot of people here seem to like the MoKo slim portfolio which got really good reviews, so it may be worth taking a chance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.