360 Tv

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    My brothers after a nice TV for his room, he's currently using a 576i 23" tube TV, not even widescreen. Infact it was my old TV! anyways. He's researching into them now, but, for god knows whatever reason, he wants to use the LCD TV's they have in Xbox 360 demo units. He's adamant about getting one of them.

However I dont think it has built in Freeview. Which is sort of a big thing.

What would be a good 360 TV in the end, with a price limit of about £500. Needs to have something like Freeview and the right inputs. I doubt he's bothered about image quality, certainly not a videophile.

Or maybe better still, is there a site that lists TV's side by side with their specs for the UK?

Cheers guys.
  2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    Viewsonic - nice and cheap plus picture quality is good and most of the tvs have all the right connectors.
    Vizio - Cheap and very popular with an amazing picture.
    Zenith - Looks good but I've only seen the 23" Z2 in action.

Bizrite might be your best option on comparing specs.

3. thegreatunknown macrumors regular

Jan 12, 2006
    not sure what tv you are referring to in the 360 demos but where I live they are Samsungs, which in my opinion are top of the line LCD tvs. I'm not sure what freeview is but I'm sure you can attach an antenna if you need to. However, these tvs might also be out of your budget.
  4. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2005
    The Samsungs they use on those are a coupla revisions old, so they'll probably be under £500 (our current TV is the latest revsion, and that was £750)

Equally, just getting a big monitor'd probably do if he mostly wants to game on it? (then use a VCR or summat as a TV tuner)
  5. N10248 macrumors 6502a

Jun 11, 2004
    Essex, U.K.
    They use the Samsung LE26R51BD model, i have the older LE26R41BD which is identical apart from the front bezel styling.
    Its a great screen, fast with no bluring and can be bought a lot cheaper now.

They have freeview if it has a D at the end of the model number.

6. steveski macrumors newbie

Dec 20, 2006
    easter island
    stupid question, but is it possible to use my imac as a screen for 360, that would take care of many-a-things for me...
  7. pcypert macrumors 6502

Jul 19, 2006
    I love my Samsung 32 inch HD CRT. Great compromise between next gen and current gen...SD stuff still looks good and HD stuff looks great. Plus with the smaller size you don't notice the difference between 1080 and 720p very much making it possible to view the Xbox's 720p stuff instead of 1080i stuff if that makes sense.

8. rob finch macrumors member

Mar 24, 2006
    Good views and opinions at AV Forums. Best to search for posts as some threads get very long.
  9. AndyR macrumors 6502a

Dec 9, 2005
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Get your TV in the UK form John Lewis. Get them to price match a store like Empire Direct you get a 5yr warranty chucked in!

I did this recently with a 37WLT68. JL had it at £1599, ED had it at £1199 so JL matched it and I got a 5yr warraty as well. Plus you can PM again for up to 28 days if you find it cheaper which I did and got another £150 back :D
  10. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    London Town
  11. gavd macrumors 6502a

Jan 30, 2006
    I second this! It's what I did to get a Samsung LE32R74BDX.

To the OP - if the budget is around £500, a Samsung LE26R74DBX can be picked up for around that, reviews pretty well, and has built in Freeview.
  12. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    Sounds like the LE32R74BDX would be the best option. By the time my brothers saved up enough the £580 price tag won't be as high I reckon. Does sound like exactly what he's after.

Thanks guys :)

Got my eye on the LE40R74BDX model, once it drops to about £500 it's mine :D