360 WiFi

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    I KNOW! A non-Wii thread!

Just wondering if it's possible to use a run of the mill USB WiFi dongle with the 360. My brothers after one but laughs at Microsoft wanting to charge him £60 for one, when there are £10-20 PC alternatives.

Or are we stuck paying Microsoft-Style prices?
  2. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    NO - your stuck. I already tried a few different ones. The only one that worked was the M$ one... Sorry matey :)

You could try tracking one down on ebay or play-asia. An import one will work just as well and will cost a lot less than the rippoff prices we pay.
  3. XNine macrumors 68040

Apr 7, 2005
    Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    This is why my router is in my entertainment center, as the only thing I have that's wireless enabled is my Mac. Pretty crappy of the industry, I know. But still, it would be nice if wi-fi adapters worked with everything, instead of buying the proprietary merch.
  4. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2005
    I'm waiting for the dash that'll let you do that. And a 360 PS2 emu
  5. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

Sep 4, 2006
    Dlink, Belkin,netgear, and linksys all have wifi game adaapters that plug into the ethernet port and enable wifi by acting as a bridgeand they are cheaper and work just fine witht the 360 (I used to use the netgear flawlessly until i tethered it to my imac because it was right there).