38% of iPhone sales are to refugees from Android or RIM

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Technarchy, Jun 18, 2012.

1. macrumors 603

Technarchy

A few months ago Tim Cook said something like, many of Apple's new customers are people that purchased a brand x product and realized it sucked, and opted for Apple for their next purchase.

Seems like he was right.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/06/07/now-38-of-iphone-sales-are-to-refugees-from-android-or-rim/

[​IMG]

2. macrumors 6502a

How many new Android users are disgruntled iPhone users tired of the same old design, boring OS and being locked down by Apple and iTunes? I am sure a ton. Love the comment on the post

"Would you trust a stat from a company that cannot add correctly? In "Other Phone" 25% + 4% = 29% not 28%." LOL

3. macrumors 6502

Here is a link showing that this thread is completely pointless and that the OP is a moron.

4. thread starter macrumors 603

Technarchy

Not many...

[​IMG]

5. macrumors 6502a

That doesn't answer anything LOL. Thats for smartphones in general, not Android. Most of those could be someone on a POS $5 phone that don't like it. You fail.

6. thread starter macrumors 603

Technarchy

Android sells more POS $5 phones than Apple.

7. macrumors 6502

When did Android start selling phones? Moron.

8. macrumors 6502a

lol

9. thread starter macrumors 603

Technarchy

Club android loves to lump it all together for the fabled 900k activations a day and market share. That includes the feces 7-11 models and Virgin mobile specials too.

Enjoy.

10. macrumors 6502a

Do I really need to post the list of top selling Android devices in yet another thread? There are no garbage phones on it. The cheapest one was an AT&T variant that sells for like $79 and that didn't have many sales at all. Even if you grouped all the crap devices running Android together, I seriously doubt it would account for even 10% of those activations. Unless you have actual proof to back up your BS claims?

11. macrumors 604

lordofthereef

I will give the OP the benefit of the doubt. It's not that he is trying to troll Android and RIM, it's likely he just doesn't know what the data he keeps posting actually represents.

12. thread starter macrumors 603

Technarchy

Doesn't matter how you package it. Android sells more landfill specials than Apple.

13. macrumors 604

cynics

This forum needs a VS section sooooo bad. So many iPhone guys that feel the need to continually justify their purchase. I love my iPhone, why can't you?