Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
To carry on the tradition from previous years 2005 and 2006. edit: 2008

It may be a little early but being a student house "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

The tree itself was found in the basement (not a pleasant place) and the lights were £3 from Tescos. It is not the best out there by any means and it looks a little sorry for itself. It is kind of sad to know that there will be no presents under it but it does bring a little joy into the house.

DSC00539.JPG

steelphantom

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2005
Just trying to give this poor thread a little love... :D

Here's our Christmas Tree in our apartment. I think it bears an ever-so-slight resemblance to the Charlie Brown tree. :p

82287487ix5.jpg

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
We used to use real xmas trees and plant them in our graden but its so messy, couldn't be bothered this year :p

The tree is pretty nice.
But those curtains and the wall paper... :eek:

I get live trees every year and then slowly kill them off on my patio over a couple year period...:(

I also do not decorate it until the morning of 24th so that is when I will post mine.

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2007
Wow, all you people have fake trees. Way to get into the holiday spirit. :p

There is nothing like going off in the morning to a christmas tree farm in the freezing cold and walking around for hours trying to find the perfect tree. The perfect tree is always the first one you look at. Then you get to saw it down, pay a ridiculous amount of money for it, and then tie it onto your car.

We got ours last weekend and I think we're putting it up today, it probably won't be decorated until the weekend though.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
In my student house we have a fake tree, however when I go home for Christmas we have a real tree, that goes up on the 17th December every year so I will post a picture after then (although I am going back on the 20th so I will miss the decoration)

JesLam07

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2007
Johnstown, PA
This is such a cool thread!

Nice Trees everyone!

I'll post mine in a bit. I still have a vew ornaments to hang and I have to make sure it looks good for the picture.

xodonniedarko

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2007
North Carolina
Wow, all you people have fake trees. Way to get into the holiday spirit. :p

There is nothing like going off in the morning to a christmas tree farm in the freezing cold and walking around for hours trying to find the perfect tree. The perfect tree is always the first one you look at. Then you get to saw it down, pay a ridiculous amount of money for it, and then tie it onto your car.

We got ours last weekend and I think we're putting it up today, it probably won't be decorated until the weekend though.

We have a wood stove which is right by where the tree always goes (and the only place the tree CAN go) so it would dry it out horribly. Plus we have cats that wouuld eat the needles and die/throw up everywhere.

Plus fake trees com in three pieces, with the lights already on it! It took me 10 minutes to get the tree up this year :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.