Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
I'm looking for a UB 3D animation software that I can integrate into Flash when I'm finished.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Props to Swift 3d

interface, last I checked, was an eyesore, but it worked magically.

3D flash looks awesome.

you can get the same "loook" with alot of 3D programs out there.

cinema4d comes to mind

but I dont think they output to .swf

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
Grover said:
I don't know if either are UB yet - it's been several years since I tried either one so take this for what it's worth - but Swift3D http://www.erain.com and Amorphium http://eitechnologygroup.com/products/amorphium.html both output to Flash.

I would NOT recommend Amorphium -- EI has really stopped supporting it. I seem to recall Tiger broke it -- It won't run properly on newer Macs (something in the way Tiger renders the interface didn't agree with Amorphium, and EI still hasn't fixed it.)

I moved to Cinema 4D after giving up on Amorphium, and I have found it to be an excellent program overall. It's not the least expensive 3D program out there (I want to say around $695) but it's very user-friendly and can put together some amazing graphics. Plus, it can export to Flash.

Hope this helps! :)

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Cinema 4d can export to flash?

Can it export vector flash objects for manipulation IN flash, or only its own .swf movie files that you can then import into Flash?

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
Maya has a .swf vector renderer and it's easy to work with. Few things in Maya are easy but this is not too bad.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Thanks folks, all great suggestions. There's a conference for Cinema 4 coming up at my local college so I signed up to attend it. But gee they're all very expensive software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.