Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scmacdaddy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2002
LA
I'm looking for a program comparable to solidedge or solidworks on the mac. i'm a student so education pricing is a must. i've taken a class in solidedge/works. i might try and get into this after school, but would much rather work on my mac than a PC, despite the fact that most industry jobs are pc. any suggestions?

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
scmacdaddy said:
I'm looking for a program comparable to solidedge or solidworks on the mac. i'm a student so education pricing is a must. i've taken a class in solidedge/works. i might try and get into this after school, but would much rather work on my mac than a PC, despite the fact that most industry jobs are pc. any suggestions?

not much exists like this on the mac. if you will be interested in this as a future job, you'll have to stick to the big dogs when it comes to these apps.. so purchase an edu license for either of them for your PC. Better to have knowledge of the actual app you'd be using.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.